2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

I'm sure that Crayton's starter pitched a gem by his standards tonight.  That said, our performance at the plate was pedestrian at best.  Miller seems to be the only one hitting with any kind of success lately.  Instead of others raising their game at the plate at this point of the season, a few more seem to be slumping.  Granted, I'm looking myopically at the last four or five games, but that needs to change in order to make a run at a league title or even an upper end finish.

17 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Getting trampled by Iowa and CU isn't acceptable. Now it's on to top of the B1G Minnesota. Oh boy.

I'm hoping last weekend and the game vs Creighton was just the beginning and the end of the yearly slump under Erstad.  Better to have it come around this time than at years end.  Big series this weekend....don't think a series loss ruins any chances at an at large but it probably keeps us from having a chance to win the Big 10 if we can only scratch out one win.  We seem to play well vs Minnesota.  This weekend would be a good time for the bats to come alive.  The below numbers just aren't acceptable.  If the bats can't turn it around, during the offseason Erstad may want to rethink him taking over full reign of the offense.   

National Rankings
RPG- #191
Avg-#152
Home Runs-#274(Kansas and Boston College only power five schools below NU)
Stolen Bases-#202 

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I'm hoping last weekend and the game vs Creighton was just the beginning and the end of the yearly slump under Erstad.  Better to have it come around this time than at years end.  Big series this weekend....don't think a series loss ruins any chances at an at large but it probably keeps us from having a chance to win the Big 10 if we can only scratch out one win.  We seem to play well vs Minnesota.  This weekend would be a good time for the bats to come alive.  The below numbers just aren't acceptable.  If the bats can't turn it around, during the offseason Erstad may want to rethink him taking over full reign of the offense.   

National Rankings
RPG- #191
Avg-#152
Stolen Bases-#202 

Erstad is 12-2 vs Minnesota.

3 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

National Rankings
RPG- #191
Avg-#152
Stolen Bases-#202 

Yep!  Not saying this weekend is a "must win" but after last weekend it would sure put a lot less stress on the hearts of Husker Baseball fans.

Poor fundamentals displayed by Huskers today.  Failed to field two bunts, and allowed a baserunner to move to 2nd on a fly ball to center to take out the double play.  Derek can't get ahead of hitters.  I'm afraid it's going to take a bunch of runs to win this game.