2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

Disappointing series to say the least.  Need to salvage it Sun. aft.  Though we are getting some hits, we have not gotten the clutch hits as much in this series.  Their pitchers were not pitching that well, we just did not take advantage when given opportunities.  I fear we may fall into that batting slump like we did at the end of last season.  Hope that doesn't happen. 

6 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Iowa reliever plunked Meyers on purpose. Bush league. Hopefully fires up this group. 

Yes, it was.  Alvarado just has to put these guys down.

Too bad this game isn't out of hand where we could go after Adams.  That guy seems like a punk.  He swung and missed at a pitch outside, and glared at Meyers.  That also seemed bush league to me. 

8 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Yes, it was.  Alvarado just has to put these guys down.

Too bad this game isn't out of hand where we could go after Adams.  That guy seems like a punk.  He swung and missed at a pitch outside, and glared at Meyers.  That also seemed bush league to me. 

This team has so much more swag after Mojo's triple. There is a lot of fire now. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

I like the way Big Red continually fought back Sunday and then Alvarado got the outs to seal the deal.  Disappointing to lose a series at home, but certainly didn't expect to win every series.  So hopefully their confidence isn't shaken, but makes them more determined to keep getting better.  Need to get things back on track with a win Tues.