2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

52 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I watched it on the WACsports stream I mentioned 2 posts prior. Just didn't take good enough notes while keeping scorebook I guess. 

Oh okay, I was going to say that UCSB also had a lot of hits that hit in front of the plate and bounced over the infields head. typical of west coast ball.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Oh okay, I was going to say that UCSB also had a lot of hits that hit in front of the plate and bounced over the infields head. typical of west coast ball.

Yeah I noticed that too. They definitely benefited from the field. Good win tonight, got Poly's ace out of the way. Win 2 of the next 3 and it'll be a successful spring break. 

6 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I dont think he is the closer anymore, looks like it's Alvardo's to lose.

I think Luensmann is the guy.  I just feel Silva and Erstad are not using him properly.  I know they want him to be a starter.  So, I think they need to either make him a starter or leave him as a closer.  I don't think he's a multi inning pitcher.   

7 hours ago, khoock said:

Solid win tonight. Would've been nice to grab the dub on Tues too but oh well. Let's win 2 out of the next three 

Against 7-13 Cal Poly, we might want to win 3 out of 3.  Still digging out of a hole.  

45 minutes ago, HB said:

Against 7-13 Cal Poly, we might want to win 3 out of 3.  Still digging out of a hole.  

It's a four game series.  And yes, we really don't have much wiggle room the remainder of the year.  We will likely need to win 17-18 Big Ten games to have a realistic shot at an at large.  Especially with the remainder of our non-con being garbage....UNO/Creighton are a combined 7-29 this year.  Not very many top 50 RPI wins left on the table.  I like how our starting pitching is rounding out...they could do some damage in the Big 10.  Our offense still has far too many black holes in it though.  As it stands right now, I'd argue this is probably the worst offensive team we have put together since the turn of the century.   

Edited by huskerbaseball13

6 hours ago, HB said:

Whoops didn't realize their record was so bad. My bad, I just assume every team from Cali is solid. But I do think it's hard to sweep in college baseball especially a 4 game series and even more so when you aren't an elite team.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

Whoops didn't realize their record was so bad. My bad, I just assume every team from Cali is solid. But I do think it's hard to sweep in college baseball especially a 4 game series and even more so when you aren't an elite team.

I think you're right, it's hard against any D1 team to sweep 4.   That's why it's too bad we got off to such a poor start.  We are just such an anemic offensive team, and it doesn't seem like it's just a case of some guys not hitting who will get hot.  It's just who we are.  Nothing to hang our hat on.   No power, no speed, not consistent at small ball.  If Luensemann can get it together we're pretty good on the mound.  But man, do  we do suck offensively.  

11 hours ago, HB said:

I think you're right, it's hard against any D1 team to sweep 4.   That's why it's too bad we got off to such a poor start.  We are just such an anemic offensive team, and it doesn't seem like it's just a case of some guys not hitting who will get hot.  It's just who we are.  Nothing to hang our hat on.   No power, no speed, not consistent at small ball.  If Luensemann can get it together we're pretty good on the mound.  But man, do  we do suck offensively.  

I've said the same thing about our offense for years on here and it was frowned upon at the time. Pretty clear that Erstad struggles on the recruiting trail.  This is not a surprise though as it's common knowledge he's not a big fan of recruiting.  Gives me hope that he will eventually take a MLB job.