2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

This is the team I thought we'd see this year.  Good starting pitching, get enough runs to win games, good defense.  It's a good recipe to win games.  It seemed like last year we had two of the three most of the time.  We'd have good pitching and defense, but couldn't score.  We'd score enough runs, have good starting pitching, but defense would let us down.  We'd have enough runs and defense, but pitching wouldn't hold up.

Our last 3 games, our starters

Meyers (W)  9 IP 5 H 0 R 1 BB 4 SO

Hohensee (W) 6 2/3 IP 4 H 1 R 1 ER 3 BB 4 SO

Burkamper * thru 6 Inn  6 IP 1 H 1 R 1 ER 3 BB 5 SO

3 - 0 if we can hold on, 21 2/3 IP 10 H 2 R 2 ER 7 BB 13 SO; 0.83 ERA

Our rotation is coming around. 

Friday starter: Hohensee (1 - 2, 2.33 ERA)

Saturday starter: Burkamper (0 - 2, 3.78 ERA)  Hopefully 1 - 2 after today

Sunday starter: Meyers (2 - 1, 2.08)

Midweek/reliever:  Matt Waldron, a Saturday starter last year (1 - 2, 4.12)

Solid bullpen with McSteen, Waldron, Luensmann, Alvarado, and Palkert.

I would like to see Hood take over the 2nd midweek starter spot, if we need one. 

26 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It looked like Jake was having a little trouble on the mound today just was off his pace but still he lowered his era from 2.08 to 1.57 that's pretty good day's work

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kinda nice to have your pitcher off a little bit and still win rather comfortably ehh? I could get used to that.

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

6-4 lead going in the the 8th and Lunesman just falls apart - walked the bases loaded a couple times and balked a run in. Not what you wanna see with your closer, guy just struggles to get it over the plate.

There was no reason to leave him in the game.  I was just listening to the game, and knew he was rattled.  Why, with the bases loaded do you worry about the runner on 1st?

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

There was no reason to leave him in the game.  I was just listening to the game, and knew he was rattled.  Why, with the bases loaded do you worry about the runner on 1st?

Been watching on this steam from WACsports.com. It was obvious he couldn't find the zone from his 1st batter. Silve/Erstad needed a way quicker hook. Really sucks because if an at-large bid is gonna be in play, these are games you can't lose.

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Been watching on this steam from WACsports.com. It was obvious he couldn't find the zone from his 1st batter. Silve/Erstad needed a way quicker hook. Really sucks because if an at-large bid is gonna be in play, these are games you can't lose.

How long is it going to take before Erstad and Silva are going to stop being so stubborn and stupid to try this experiment with using their closer for multiple innings?  It is NOT working.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

How long is it going to take before Erstad and Silva are going to stop being so stubborn and stupid to try this experiment with using their closer for multiple innings?  It is NOT working.

They literally did it and failed last year with Colton Howell. We just can't get out of our own way it seems. Just learned all 8 runs for CSBU were scored with 2 outs as well.