2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

No, didn't get a chance to watch tonight. I tried to catch every Husker game back in the day but Erstads brand of ball is just boring and ugly at times. Surprising from a guy who played balls to the wall.  

My buddy and I were thinking about how terrible the baseball hires have been. So Van Horn leaves and we hire Anderson over Childress (Has A&M rolling like a machine), then we fire Anderson and hire his volunteer assistant coach. Talk about self inflicted wounds. 

44 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

My buddy and I were thinking about how terrible the baseball hires have been. So Van Horn leaves and we hire Anderson over Childress (Has A&M rolling like a machine), then we fire Anderson and hire his volunteer assistant coach. Talk about self inflicted wounds. 

Yep. I think the thought was Childress was going to eventually head South so Anderson was given the job. Erstad had no business getting the job that's for certain.  Why Osborne thought it was a bright idea hiring a guy who absolutely no experience in coaching I don't know. 

7 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And who would have taken the job? How do we Erstad was the first choice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Honestly no clue. I really would have liked to see how Will Bolt would have fared at head coach. He was a very successful head coach at a Texas JUCO and has been an insanely successful hitting coach. 

Back to the game - Need to finish this one out and get home. Hopefully Northern Colorado is what the doctors ordered for our bats. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

Huskers lose 5-2 to Western Carolina today. Turned out to be a pretty good pitchers dual despite the frigid temperatures. Although an error plagued 3rd inning cost us big time.  

huskerbaseball13 what's your opinion on Ben Miller's bat? I know he could all of a sudden break loose and go on a hitting streak at any time but how long do you let him continue to slump? I think it could be time to set him down a while and let the freshman from Chaska, MN Luke Roskam have a shot at first. Unlike Miller he's been producing at the plate.

Edited by Row6Seat10

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I have noticed that WCU has gone 2-1 more than once this year.  Is their third starter just not very good?  Were their first two THAT good?

The guy they started today had an ERA over 3. The starter Friday had an BA of .115, And yesterdays guys was good as well. both Friday & Saturdays starters were lefties.

On 3/10/2017 at 6:08 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

Oh here we go fire erstad. Just what do you base a coach on?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What? You asked a question. I don't have an specific names for you. I can only tell you what Osborne said in the press conference. Quit acting like nobody would want this job. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

On 3/10/2017 at 4:35 PM, Row6Seat10 said:

Huskers lose 5-2 to Western Carolina today. Turned out to be a pretty good pitchers dual despite the frigid temperatures. Although an error plagued 3rd inning cost us big time.  

huskerbaseball13 what's your opinion on Ben Miller's bat? I know he could all of a sudden break loose and go on a hitting streak at any time but how long do you let him continue to slump? I think it could be time to set him down a while and let the freshman from Chaska, MN Luke Roskam have a shot at first. Unlike Miller he's been producing at the plate.

I've never been a big fan of Miller but I don't think we have any other great options. He will come around im sure for as big as he is he provides little power and has no speed at all.

On 2/18/2017 at 9:49 PM, Silverbacked1 said:

Weren't the walls even futher back like 30 some years ago?

Also I heard that Yogi was the only high school kid to hit one out to center at the American Legion World Series back in the 30' or 40's.

But that might have just been an urban legend.:D

On 3/13/2017 at 11:59 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraseball seems to be really good at winning 1 out of 3 against good competition. Huskers need to figure out a way to go 2 for 3 most weekends.

Getting above that .500 mark before B1G play would be nice. B1G is completely up for grabs right now. If we solidify the rotation, we SHOULD be able to do some damage. Catching my first game of the year Saturday, looking forward to it.