Next Eleven

HuskerFever

I'm loving how the rest of the schedule looks, especially if we get Ed back on Thurs.

For sure gotta stay out of the bottom 4. No way we could win it from that spot as Tai and Glynn would be totally gassed by the time the semis/ finals came (if we made it that far) since they seemingly play every minute of the game.

I think we are good for 5-6 more regular season wins. More than enough to keep Miles around and probably good enough for atleast NIT berth.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, HuskerFever said:

"Next Eleven"

1-1

L @ Northwestern

W vs. Purdue

Next Nine:

vs. Michigan State     W

@ Iowa                       W

vs. Wisconsin             W

vs. Penn State            W

@ Ohio State              L

@ Michigan State        L

vs. Illinois                    W

@ Minnesota              L

vs. Michigan               W

Wisconsin Iowa games are tough but that's how I see it

"Next Eleven"

1-1

L @ Northwestern

W vs. Purdue

Next Nine:

vs. Michigan State     W

@ Iowa                       W

vs. Wisconsin             W

vs. Penn State            W

@ Ohio State              L

@ Michigan State        L

vs. Illinois                    W

@ Minnesota              L

vs. Michigan               W

Really like this, but think we can beat osu on the road. Wisconsin at home will be the toughest game left. Minny on the road isn't as scary as I thought at the beginning of the conference season.

All this depends on a healthy Morrow as well..

Edited by ShortDust

I ran a scenario where NU goes 6-3 the rest of the way and it put them in the 6 seed facing the Rutgers/Illinois winner. The winner of that game would play Northwestern. Not likely to play out exactly like that, but it's not out of the realm either. I'd be thrilled with that outcome. Would guarantee an above .500 record, too...but need Ed back, probably, to do it.

Edited by uneblinstu

On 2/4/2017 at 7:28 AM, Chuck Taylor said:

I'm no Sally Sunshine, but there really isn't a winnable game on the schedule. Really, who scares you? Wisconsin is at home, the rest of the opponents are about as consistent as we are. We've got a young team. Maybe Ed comes back and things start to click. Enjoy the ride. 

If you're looking for a lock it's Illinois on the road.(Here)  Maybe they'll figure out something between then and now but they've been soft and middling all season, especially on the road.

8 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Next 7:

vs. Wisconsin  - L

vs. Penn State  - W

@ Ohio State  - W

@ Michigan State  - L

vs. Illinois  - W

@ Minnesota  - L

vs. Michigan  - W

Hoping we can finish 4-3 the rest of the way. If we're going to steal one on the road it would have to be OSU. And none of these home games are sure wins either. Just hoping and being optimistic that we can finish this way, or better!

This season's frustrations are wearing on my optimism (for this season not the future btw). We could easily win the next 6 or lose em. My guess is somewhere in between. I'm not sure how much Miles job is on the line but if he can scrape out 7 or 8 total conference wins that's gotta be good enough imo. With next season being his best, most talented, and deepest roster on paper.