Question about Coach Williams

Bugeaters1

On 1/25/2017 at 0:16 PM, Cazzie22 said:

I don't think what is coming aboard next year is going to make a huge difference.  More quality depth but it is going to be a long climb out of the basement.  I follow the team faithfully and wish them well but we have to be patient.

Caz, respectfully I have to disagree on the making a difference point.

We'll be losing two players to graduation and picking up 4.  One guard will graduate, and we'll get two experienced guards with college experience. ...they are not freshman. (and have been practicing with the team all this year.)

And we'll be getting a new Top 50 freshman... what may be one of our best pure shooters we've had for a while. (she won't be under the same pressure to preform like our current freshman, since we'll have more guards on the bench.

Plus Rachel is supposed to be back. She was starting ahead of Allie (who graduates), before having surgery. I would expect Rachel to be a very strong add to the interior defense.

Plus maybe the most important...a strong leader on the floor. And she was beginning to score better before she underwent surgery. (and a year to think about her progress....which is huge going from freshman to soph. Having watched her play....have to believe she's chomping at the bit to get back on the floor...so to speak))

And we'll have all our current freshmen back as sophomores. A whole year of playing time and experience.

Problems for next year...still short a big.  We could then use Grace as a 3 or 4 ...three shooter. That was her strength in H.S. (she has almost the highest 3 shooting percentage on the team, and doesn't get the opportunity to even shoot them much)

Are these the answers for next year?..not even close probably. But will change the team radically. Which they pretty much need.  (assumes everyone will return, that don't graduate) 

Edited by redsteve

3 hours ago, fred1212 said:

Where were you when Andre Almeida played here?  Lotsa jokes and comments about his weight and physique and nobody on this forum came to his defense or seemed to be offended.  He was somebodies' Son, Grandson,etc.too.

IMO,when it comes to sports talk in college athletics, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just a philosophical difference.  These are college players, not pro.  ADs and many coaches are making millions and are full blown adults.  Name calling isn't really necessary for college kids in my book.  Saying "fat!!!" might make the poster feel better but that doesn't make it right.  Playing for a scholarship only probably doesn't call for that level of abuse.  It's over the top and out of line, IMO.  I don't mean that college players shouldn't be free from any criticism whatsoever (so and so can't shoot the 3, etc.), but crossing the line into that much of  a personal insult serves no purpose at all, other than saying something about the poster.   I myself was critical of Jess's public comments about Romeo last year.  That's different than calling her names about physical appearance.  But, carry on if Dimes doesn't shut it down when people say stuff like the brave Kearney Man.  He gets to help parent and coach, since he won't tolerate spoiled brats apparently.  Perhaps he can post pictures of his kids to see how perfectly proportioned they are.  

(And i realize, Kearney Man is a troll and  I am giving his ridiculous posts too much attention; anyone with an almost 1 for 1 post to down arrow ratio is clearly a troll--I just wanted to make a point on that level of line crossing).  

Edited by HB

Ya know folks, Connie Yori was 8-20 her first year, 1-15 in conference.  She didn't have her first 20 win team until 5 years in.  Are we really questioning Amy for trying to adjust and try different things in her first year?  We've got a good group of young players and more coming.  Why don't we just "relax" as my nemesis Aaron Rodgers stated and let's see how things play out. I think the future looks bright!  GBR!!!

21 hours ago, KearneyMan said:

Here is my first rant on the women's team. Jess Shepard is FAT!! I think she has gained to much weight, and before you people slap me about a woman's appearance. You need to listen to this. She is out of shape and needs to get back in better shape!! I'll say it again she is FAT!!! There is my first rant!

Lol this is awesome! How are we even discussing the one person on the team averaging a double double like I don't know if that is the biggest issue on the team right now ! Personally to me I keep looking at your comments about jess because you guys are just adding fuel to her fire to leave this place! People come here for the fans and the love you have for the players and you guys are  deminshing on her as a whole! Jess can score 20 points 10 rebounds and you guys will always find something to say about her! Because I'm sure there are a lot of teams according to you that will take jess being "overweight" right now! Let the kids play and do their thing and you play your role as a fan! 

Edited by Husker47

54 minutes ago, Husker47 said:

Lol this is awesome! How are we even discussing the one person on the team averaging a double double like I don't know if that is the biggest issue on the team right now ! Personally to me I keep looking at your comments about jess because you guys are just adding fuel to her fire to leave this place! People come here for the fans and the love you have for the players and you guys are  deminshing on her as a whole! Jess can score 20 points 10 rebounds and you guys will always find something to say about her! Because I'm sure there are a lot of teams according to you that will take jess being "overweight" right now! Let the kids play and do their thing and you play your role as a fan! 

Let me just say... sometimes its best not to respond to this poster.