Through seven games...

burgundy95

This is about where I thought we would be. Granted the way we got here is very different that I could've expected but nevertheless we are here. 

3-4 record

W - Indiana

W - Maryland

W - Iowa

L - Northwestern

L - Michigan

L - Ohio State

L - Rutgers

Where I had us

4-3 record

L - Indiana

L - Maryland

W - Iowa

W - Northwestern

L - Michigan

W - Ohio State

W - Rutgers

The last two losses come on last second shots/putbacks and the previous two are lost by three or less possessions each. I'm not saying there are any moral victories here by any means but this team is not far from flipping a couple of those L's into W's. the last two are excruciating gut punches but this team has tremendous toughness and will get back to work only to get better. It is tough sledding without Ed Morrow down low and that really hurts to know how much he effects the game in a positive way for us. 

It was great that we started off conference play 3-0 and there was a lot of talk about those three wins and that we could beat anyone in the conference on any given night, yada yada yada...Well, THAT IS STILL TRUE!!!! Yes we are on a four game skid right now, have some injury issues, fair weather fans are down on the team and people are calling for Miles to be fired (which is ridiculous, but hey, people will always call for the coach to be fired when losing, just the way people are, no matter who is the coach). So don't lose your heads yet Husker fans. Still a lot of games to go. This team has a lot of potential. We've seen how they can play. A win today would've got that good feeling back to take on the road to NW next week. But since we didn't get it, what are they to do? Quit? Say "we suck, we are on a four game skid, our hopes for any postseason play are over". No. Get back to work. Have some good practices and get the positive feelings flowing again, heads held high and go get a W at Northwestern. I know a lot of people on this board are not going to give up on this team/program. I just can't stand the people that are going to ride the highs and leave them for dead when we hit the lows. 

Go Big Red

#Nebrasketball

#USAlways

3 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I'm not giving up on this team (even though the last two games were a real kick in the nuts).  This team could get hot before the season is over, especially if we can get Ed Morrow back.

With two kicks in the nuts... that means they have no more nuts to kick!  

That means no more of these games.

• 2 weeks later...