HuskerFever

We're officially one third of the way through the conference season slate:

W at Indiana 87-83 (+4pt)

W at Maryland 67-65 (+2pt)

W vs Iowa 93-90 (2OT) (+3pt)

L vs Northwestern 66-74 (-8pt)

L at Michigan 85-91 (-6pt)

L vs Ohio State 66-67 (-1pt)

Are we who we thought we were? Are we surprised? Are we content?

What's the feeling from everybody right now?

Edited by HuskerFever

6 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I am beginning to think about becoming a Jaysker.  I am going insane.

No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No, NO, NEVER EVER, No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No, COULDN'T DO IT, WOULDN'T DO IT, No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,

44 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I am beginning to think about becoming a Jaysker.  I am going insane.

I'm pretty sure I have never down voted anyone on this board...ever...until just now.

...and it was a reflex action too, not like I had to think about it or anything, just read and "where's the down arrow".  I may or may not have also said BOOM a la Tom Eades when doing it too.

My point is, no it is NOT okay to be a Jaysker.  No No No NOOOOOOOO!

Snap out of it @brfrad

Edited by 49r

This is a very, very difficult subject for me, and I am sure for many others.  As a long time Husker basketball fan, I have more often than I can count, been right about on top of the roller coaster ride, only to plummet back towards the bottom.  Sometimes it is talent, sometimes it is bad luck, sometimes it is a call or two, sometimes it is a missed shot or opportunity, sometimes it is this, sometimes it is that...but is always something.  We have the talent now, but it is a couple injuries and three of four really bad plays per game, especially these last three games. 

I am still baffled by last night.   The way we played the first half, I thought we could basically name the final score.  Obviously the team thought the same way because a different team showed up in the second half. 

Bottom line, I am frustrated, again.  But brighter days are ahead, I am sure of it.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I'm pretty sure I have never down voted anyone on this board...ever...until just now.

...and it was a reflex action too, not like I had to think about it or anything, just read and "where's the down arrow".  I may or may not have also said BOOM a la Tom Eades when doing it too.

Snap out of it @brfrad

Thanks for the pep talk.  I tried watching a Creighton game from earlier and the year, and was hoping their opponent beat them by 50 points.  I am back to my senses.

I think I was emotional with the way we lost last night.  I just have to follow this team through the peaks and valleys.

Looking back at it, probably would take a 3 - 3 start in conference play, to begin the season. 

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Snap out of it @brfrad

He said "BOOM" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D