Most disappointing loss...

cipsucks

Worse than the loss with 0.7 seconds left to Iowa State?? What was his name... I'm going to kick myself when someone says it. 

And worse than when a freshman Keith Langford hit his first three of the season (or maybe it was conference season) from well beyond NBA range to beat us?

What was that ISU forward's name... he slipped the pick and Kimani Ffriend bit hook, line and sinker. 

Just now, cipsucks said:

This was the worst because we absolutely collapsed defensively at the end of the game.  We gave them the frickin win.  It wasn't stolen from us.  We handed it to them.

I was surprised to see Ohio States second half stats. It felt like they were scoring every time down. But, we generated zero turnovers in the second half and topped it off with just one assist on the offensive end. That's really bad basketball. 

1 hour ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Worse than the loss with 0.7 seconds left to Iowa State?? What was his name... I'm going to kick myself when someone says it. 

And worse than when a freshman Keith Langford hit his first three of the season (or maybe it was conference season) from well beyond NBA range to beat us?

What was that ISU forward's name... he slipped the pick and Kimani Ffriend bit hook, line and sinker. 

Marcus Fizer

the A&M loss had consequences. We were on the bubble going into that game, and a win puts us in good position for an at large that year. Had Doc made the tourney that year, so much would've been different (not good or bad, just different).

this is just being a Husker fan. We have a long history of perking everyone up for a week or two and then proceeding to lay gigantic eggs. It's almost become a feature of the program at this point.

"Nebrasketball: Sure, We'll Disappoint You, But At Least You Won't Owe Us Alimony When It's Over!"

I will say that this is one of the more squandered opportunities we've had in awhile. You couldn't have asked for a better start, nor a worse reaction to that start.

Kids need to not worry about the postseason and start focusing on becoming better basketball players.

Edited by tcp

5 hours ago, tcp said:

the A&M loss had consequences. We were on the bubble going into that game, and a win puts us in good position for an at large that year. Had Doc made the tourney that year, so much would've been different (not good or bad, just different).

this is just being a Husker fan. We have a long history of perking everyone up for a week or two and then proceeding to lay gigantic eggs. It's almost become a feature of the program at this point.

"Nebrasketball: Sure, We'll Disappoint You, But At Least You Won't Owe Us Alimony When It's Over!"

I will say that this is one of the more squandered opportunities we've had in awhile. You couldn't have asked for a better start, nor a worse reaction to that start.

Kids need to not worry about the postseason and start focusing on becoming better basketball players.

Yeah, that was the one for me too. That game meant something.

Don't know if it was the most disappointing ever, but it has to rank in the top 5 because of the comfortable lead, the complete collapse, the surprising comeback and then allowing an unguarded layup after two time outs to set up a defense. I just hope these young players don't let this demoralize them enough to give Rutgers its first league win. They are certainly good enough to trounce us at home if we don't have maximum effort.

9 hours ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Remind me...

NU was 13-8, had just beaten Texas Tech and essentially had their tourney hopes on the line. NU had everything to play for and it came out flat and lifeless. The crowd was worse, they were quiet the whole time, it felt like a Sunday game over the holiday break. No energy and Mizzou took advantage. NU did manage to get it to overtime, but Mizzou pretty much dominated the extra period. It was the closest NU had been to the dance between 1999 and 2014 and they played like the game didn't matter. NU went on a little bit of a run to end the year, but it was too little too late. That was the year the hosted an NIT game then went to Ole Miss and lost. I watched that one with @nuled2dance . See if he has any memories of that game. I was so frustrated.

Edited by uneblinstu