Husker Heartbreak

PimpMario

Some times I am glad that this board exists. I often feel that the recent band wagon and fair weather fans just haven't been through enough heartache.

I think I am starting to get tired of being the lovable losers.

Anyways thanks for being here to commiserate through all the headache Nebrasketball has faced the last 17 years.

This program will test your manhood.  This is getting super difficult to put your heart and energy into cheering for this team.  You get 2 great wins on the road to start the Big 10 season, beat Iowa in an exciting game.  Now, we have lost 3 straight and this one was absolutely brutal.  I have come to the conclusion after a bunch of years following this team, we are NEVER winning an NCAA tournament game.  I try to be optimistic as possible, but this loss is testing every bit of optimism one can possibly have.

I mean, the cubs eventually won the world series right, so there's gotta be a chance. But let's break out the bags of money. And not just for the recruits, although I'm all for giving them plenty. Lets get the refs paid too. Maybe them we can play a conference game where we get to be the ones with all the free throws. We would still have to make them,but hey. Baby steps

19 hours ago, PimpMario said:

Some times I am glad that this board exists. I often feel that the recent band wagon and fair weather fans just haven't been through enough heartache.

I think I am starting to get tired of being the lovable losers.

Anyways thanks for being here to commiserate through all the headache Nebrasketball has faced the last 17 years.

I don't mean to dwell on the negative, but I would say the "headache" has been for way longer than 17 years.   I've been a serious fan for over 50 years.  In that time we have won zero regular season conference titles, one conference tournament title (after which we lost to Penn in the first round of the NCAAs 4 days later), and ZERO NCAA tournament games.  The glorious meaningful victories have been few, and the painful dagger to the heart losses have been many.  It's true that the last 17 years have been worse from the standpoint of having more lower half of the conference, sub-.500 seasons than the previous 35 years, but getting over the hump and really making some noise has been missing forever.   And yet here we are.  So yeah, I'll commiserate with ya'all.  

Edited by HB