WBB: Game #18 @ Illinois

Row6Seat10

4 hours ago, HUD said:

When at the game the other night I noticed several Az. St. players on crutches.  They have a lot of depth but basically lost the game to Washington in the last 7 minutes when their outstanding freshman point guard got pummeled by a Wash. player in the backcourt.  No foul as I don't even think the ref's even saw it. As noted previously in several posts the Refereeing is very inconsistent within the game and both ways. 

Fun to watch the nations leading scorer (Plum 34 pts) and nations leading rebounder (Osafor 20rb) both playing for Wash. who along with Romeo basically played the whole game.  Washington graduates their main players and imo will not be near as good next year.

I'm sure Natalie likes playing for a highly rated team but she isn't a main part of the offense this year as it's basically a 2 man show with Plum and Osafor averaging nearly 50 points per game between them.  Natalie doesn't see the ball much as they aren't using many of the skills she showed for us last year.  I'm sure that will change next year. 

Also I never saw her once flash that big smile that we were used to seeing last year.

Well, then.  Let's invite her back to where she can smile.

5 hours ago, HUD said:

When at the game the other night I noticed several Az. St. players on crutches.  They have a lot of depth but basically lost the game to Washington in the last 7 minutes when their outstanding freshman point guard got pummeled by a Wash. player in the backcourt.  No foul as I don't even think the ref's even saw it. As noted previously in several posts the Refereeing is very inconsistent within the game and both ways. 

Fun to watch the nations leading scorer (Plum 34 pts) and nations leading rebounder (Osafor 20rb) both playing for Wash. who along with Romeo basically played the whole game.  Washington graduates their main players and imo will not be near as good next year.

I'm sure Natalie likes playing for a highly rated team but she isn't a main part of the offense this year as it's basically a 2 man show with Plum and Osafor averaging nearly 50 points per game between them.  Natalie doesn't see the ball much as they aren't using many of the skills she showed for us last year.  I'm sure that will change next year. 

Also I never saw her once flash that big smile that we were used to seeing last year.

Yeah, I'm sure there's no joy in Mudville averaging 31 minutes a game, shooting  40% on 3s, for an 18-2 team ranked 7th and 8th in the national polls, vs. playing on a 5-13 team with a player who publicly tells you to "go ahead and transfer".   

18 minutes ago, HUD said:

Never once did I say she wasn't happy.  She just never in Washington's offense this year get's to show off her multitude of talents and I feel that will change next year.  Don't want anyone to read anything else into my observations and comments.

Well in that case then the smile comment was weird.