A look at Nebrasketball's 2017-2018 Roster

Maybe it's just me...but once they are enrolled in school and start their careers, the star rankings go out the windows and I put zero value in them.  

I know everybody gets excited that we got guys who were given X number of stars or ranked X in their senior class but at this point those numbers are essentially meaningless.

Obviously if somebody re-ranked players after they started their careers, these rankings for transfers would be extremely different than what you see here.

Let them create their new paths as men and not try to tie them to the star ratings they were given as 16-17 year olds.

Returning Starters (next year):

6-0 Watson (****)

_________ ... (6-6 Palmer (****)?)

6-5 Taylor

6-7 Morrow (****)

6-9 Jacobson (***)

WTF Backups:

6-8 Roby (****)

6-6 Akenten (***)

6-7 Horne (150)

6-9 Copeland (*****)

6-11 Tshimanga (150)

How would that be for your next 5 off the bench?  Now, of course I know it's not going to quite look like that.  Even so, you could really come up with some freaky tall lineups.  Our starting shooting guard is almost certainly going to be 6-5 or 6-6, as will his back-up.  At this point, the guys backing up Watson are going to be 6-5 and 6-8.  The three shortest scholarship players will be Glynn Watson at 6-0, Anton Gill at 6-3, and Evan Taylor at 6-5.

That's a team that'll look legit getting off the bus or walking through an airport.

Edited by Norm Peterson

2 hours ago, HF_ said:

Maybe it's just me...but once they are enrolled in school and start their careers, the star rankings go out the windows and I put zero value in them.  

I know everybody gets excited that we got guys who were given X number of stars or ranked X in their senior class but at this point those numbers are essentially meaningless.

Obviously if somebody re-ranked players after they started their careers, these rankings for transfers would be extremely different than what you see here.

Let them create their new paths as men and not try to tie them to the star ratings they were given as 16-17 year olds.

I always trust the coaches evaluation over how many stars a kid has next to his name.

Just thinking about all of the competition that's going to be going on for minutes has me elated.

Back Court: Glynn Watson, Evan Taylor, James Palmer, Anton Gill, Nana Akenten

Wing: Isaiah Roby, Jeriah Horne, Jack McVeigh, Evan Taylor, James Palmer

Front Court: Ed Morrow, Michael Jacobson, Jordy Tshimanga, Nick Fuller, Isaac Copeland, Jack McVeigh, Isaiah Roby

The combinations are endless.

9 minutes ago, khoock said:

Just thinking about all of the competition that's going to be going on for minutes has me elated.

Front Court: Ed Morrow, Michael Jacobson, Jordy Tshimanga, Nick Fuller, Isaac Copeland, Jack McVeigh, Isaiah Roby

And we will still lose to Creighton by 40 and I dislike Creighton.  It just seems to be of fact of life that Creighton owns NU. 

13 minutes ago, khoock said:

I just have this feeling McVeigh and/or Fuller will not be here next year

13 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

And we will still lose to Creighton by 40 and I dislike Creighton.  It just seems to be of fact of life that Creighton owns NU. 

McDermott knows how to shut down Miles offensively, and knows how to break down Miles defensively.  It has nothing to do with who is the better team, but more a coaching conflict

Edited by big red22

1 hour ago, big red22 said:

I just have this feeling McVeigh and/or Fuller will not be here next year

It's almost inevitable atleast one player will transfer this off season. But until it happens this is our team for next season and I'm excited about it. As am I excited to see how the rest of this season unfolds.

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, if Jordy has the kind of off-season this year that Ed had last year, what does he come back looking like?

6-11, 285#, 2% body fat, 450# bench press and 600# or so squat?  Something like that?

If he hits those numbers, he's probably leaving school to join the WWE.