The crowd (Kent and Matt)

ajb5856

Apropos of nothing in this thread particularly, but I'm watching the West Virginia vs. Kansas game tonight in Morgantown, and with 3:13 to go in the game and 18th ranked WVU leading 2nd ranked KU 74-63 (after WVU scores 4 in a row to get that 11 point lead, and I notice as ESPN is going to commercial for the time out and with the student section going ballistic)...I see fans streaming towards the exit.

I mean, it does happen elsewhere...but jeez...who DOES that?

Watching the Kentucky/Georgia game and the atmosphere in Rupp is nothing like it was on Saturday vs. Kansas. Georgia has the lead and the crowd isn't really that into it when the Bulldogs have the ball. They're not going crazy when UGA's on the line. They're cheering more when Kentucky has the ball. Sounds kinda familiar.

It's not just here, I guess.

Nebraska has been up-and-down, and performed at a near .500 level for 2+ years. It's incredible that 14k fans stream into PBA. Nebraska fans are amazing: Top 15 in attendance in every single major Div. 1 sport. In a state with less than 2M people, no less. There is No Place Like Nebraska! Dear Old Nebraska U!!

8 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska has been up-and-down, and performed at a near .500 level for 2+ years. It's incredible that 14k fans stream into PBA. Nebraska fans are amazing: Top 15 in attendance in every single major Div. 1 sport. In a state with less than 2M people, no less. There is No Place Like Nebraska! Dear Old Nebraska U!!

If you build it, they WILL come.

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Well you know the only other thing to do in Nebraska but watch sports is watch the corn grow so...:lol:

I'm just catching up on this thread and I have a couple thoughts:

1. the students being there does make a difference. Is the Red Zone one of the top student sections? No but there is a noticeable difference over the holiday break. 

2. No dude cheerleaders yelling into megaphones for me please. That whole "kaaaaaaaaay U U!" I hear at Jayhawk games makes my skin crawl. No one even cheers with them and I find that particularly inefficient. 

3. The cheerleaders do that defense clap clap thing numerous times during the game. I often clap along but then i'm always standing and yelling and clapping. My section hates me and I don't care. (maybe dudes would help for this but I think if the cheer caught on in the student section it would work just as well)

4. I think i had something else but I got distracted by something shiny. Maybe it will come back to me later. 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

I'm just catching up on this thread and I have a couple thoughts:

1. the students being there does make a difference. Is the Red Zone one of the top student sections? No but there is a noticeable difference over the holiday break. 

2. No dude cheerleaders yelling into megaphones for me please. That whole "kaaaaaaaaay U U!" I hear at Jayhawk games makes my skin crawl. No one even cheers with them and I find that particularly inefficient. 

3. The cheerleaders do that defense clap clap thing numerous times during the game. I often clap along but then i'm always standing and yelling and clapping. My section hates me and I don't care. (maybe dudes would help for this but I think if the cheer caught on in the student section it would work just as well)

4. I think i had something else but I got distracted by something shiny. Maybe it will come back to me later. 

Is #4's shiny object ------> "National Signing Day" :D

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm sitting here watching Indiana and Iowa and this is a decently important game, it's close and the Iowa crowd is pretty Devaney-esque. Just nothing but a handful of students making a little noise. Seriously, PBA blows this place out of the water.

Edited by uneblinstu