BOOM (Copeland has decided)

ajb5856

Hmm.  I was one of the "naysayers."  My concern wasn't the quality of his play or the quality of the person.  My only concern is that next year's junior class is going to be large.  It creates inequity in the classes.  Perhaps that isn't important.  We see what can be done with a lone senior and the majority of the players being underclassman.  So welcome big guy!  Bring us victories!

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

Hmm.  I was one of the "naysayers."  My concern wasn't the quality of his play or the quality of the person.  My only concern is that next year's junior class is going to be large.  It creates inequity in the classes.  Perhaps that isn't important.  We see what can be done with a lone senior and the majority of the players being underclassman.  So welcome big guy!  Bring us victories!

A little front line depth toward a possible deep ncaa run doesn't hurt anyone.  Never hurts having more bodies in the b1g.

Recruiting wise.... I think it can be easier to recruit for a big class when you're successful.  Mutual recruiting etc.  Given that next year is likely a huge year for us regardless of this year... miles being all in isn't shocking.

7 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

if it gets us a tourney win, i'm okay with stacking the deck and having to rebuild for a couple years.

10 hours ago, huskercwg said:

If he gets his medical redshirt I believe he would sit next year with 2 years to play. If this happens wouldn't he we part of the freshmen class, or am I reading this wrong.

Edited by jdw

42 minutes ago, MandRHusker said:

He has applied for a medical hardship and, if granted, will be eligible to play two years beginning next fall.

This, if he gets hardship he would be eligible to start next non con season. Looks like there has been reports that he's got word he'll get that. Not so sure on that front quite yet tho.

So...Mike Schaefer apparently jumped the gun...sounds like Copeland left town without officially committing. He's headed home to talk it over with the family before deciding between NC State and Nebraska. I'll just shut up until there's multiple parties reporting a more definitive answer.