BOOM (Copeland has decided)

ajb5856

This is a 5 star recruit that, at times, lived up to it when healthy his sophomore year.

He's literally capable of dropping 30 on some nights.  Absolutely huge get.  We now have the best front court in the league next season.  Easily.  And this kid can be a legitimate 3 at 6' freaking 9".  

Wow.  

11 minutes ago, LK1 said:

This is a 5 star recruit that, at times, lived up to it when healthy his sophomore year.

He's literally capable of dropping 30 on some nights.  Absolutely huge get.  We now have the best front court in the league next season.  Easily.  And this kid can be a legitimate 3 at 6' freaking 9".  

Wow.  

Almost fitting that's a video of him ripping apart Xavier's 1-3-1

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

So where does he fit in on next years team?  Does this push Jacobsen to first off the bench?  If everybody sticks around(minus Fuller)...man we will have a lot of options next year.  Very hard to predict how the starting lineup will shake out. 

Defensively he seems like a 3 who can at points play a stretch 4. Offensively, seems like a guy capable of successfully shooting from anywhere, especially mid-range.

I had someone hitting me up on twitter about how the lineup will look for next year.  Man, I don't even know what color of jerseys we're wearing on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Defensively he seems like a 3 who can at points play a stretch 4. Offensively, seems like a guy capable of successfully shooting from anywhere, especially mid-range.

I had someone hitting me up on twitter about how the lineup will look for next year.  Man, I don't even know what color of jerseys we're wearing on Saturday.

The next 2 seasons do set up quite nicely as far as legit smooth options at all 5 spots on the court, to be honest.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

The next 2 seasons do set up quite nicely as far as legit smooth options at all 5 spots on the court, to be honest.

Yep, we've got a 2 1/2 year window. It *should* be a lot of fun. If they can sneak in this year and build on it next year, they should have no problem back filling that crowded sophomore class. The rest of this year and next year are huge for the direction of the program.

9 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Can you please tell me who can play the point next year if Watson get's injured or is in foul trouble?  From the looks of Palmer he is not a ball control guy.  

Gill is not a point guard... Taylor is our best bet, but I would not feel comfortable

We need a point guard to go along with Akenten for sure

http://hailvarsity.com/s/818/georgetown-transfer-isaac-copeland-commits-to-nebraska

0028538-pbtj-1280x720.jpg

Nebraska basketball received some big news Monday morning when Georgetown transfer Isaac Copeland committed to the Huskers. He was at Pinnacle Bank Arena for Nebraska’s 93-90 double-overtime win over Iowa last Thursday night, which impressed the 6-foot-9 prospect both on and off the court.

“I was surprised to see such a big crowd, especially given the time,” Copeland said. “It was over winter break and stuff so there weren’t a lot of students but everybody in the city supports the university. It was a great environment.”

Click the link above for the full article

2 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Can you please tell me who can play the point next year if Watson get's injured or is in foul trouble?  From the looks of Palmer he is not a ball control guy.  

Gill is not a point guard... Taylor is our best bet, but I would not feel comfortable

I would agree.  I think Miles is recruiting the PG position pretty hard right now...   Maybe Roby could play a little if needed

Barfy's take:

"Copeland becomes the highest-ranked player at Nebraska according to recruiting services, which became prevalent in the early 2000s. He is the ninth current Husker on scholarship who was ranked in a national Top 150 list out of high school."

Edited by 49r

7 minutes ago, big red22 said:

ET before Anton. Gill is a combo guy.

And I'd be fine with either a JUCO or H.S. for that backup-type PG, as well.

I think it'll be something like this:

Watson -- new pg -- Gill

Taylor -- Nana -- Gill

Copeland -- Roby 

Jacobson -- Copeland -- Horne

Morrow -- Jordy

Copeland pretty much allows us to do anything we want at the 3-5 and could be a nightmare stretch 4 or 5 if we need a change in scenery.  

It's fantastic that TM can now put ALL of his energy into getting one point guard.   

I mean, holy hell that's going to be one amazing senior class with Morrow, Jacobson, Copeland, and Watson.  

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

I think it'll be something like this:

Watson -- new pg -- Gill

Taylor -- Nana -- Gill

Copeland -- Roby 

Jacobson -- Copeland -- Horne

Morrow -- Jordy

Copeland pretty much allows us to do anything we want at the 3-5 and could be a nightmare stretch 4 or 5 if we need a change in scenery.  

It's fantastic that TM can now put ALL of his energy into getting one point guard.   

I mean, holy hell that's going to be one amazing senior class with Morrow, Jacobson, Copeland, and Watson.  

I still feel Roby has the highest ceiling of all of them too!

LK - I think you're forgetting Palmer, the transfer from Miami. Some guys who watch practice regularly tell me he's one of the best players on the team right now. I temper that comment because people told me the same thing about Gill, but they say Palmer plays with a confidence and swagger unlike any of the other guys on the team. He's a guy who can play at either the 2 or 3 position.  

7 minutes ago, Coaches kid said:

LK - I think you're forgetting Palmer, the transfer from Miami. Some guys who watch practice regularly tell me he's one of the best players on the team right now. I temper that comment because people told me the same thing about Gill, but they say Palmer plays with a confidence and swagger unlike any of the other guys on the team. He's a guy who can play at either the 2 or 3 position.  

So next year

Watson

Taylor

Gill

Palmer

Akenten

Horne

Fuller

McVeigh

Roby

Copeland

Jacobson

Morrow

Tshimanga

Who is the odd man out for that point guard?

2 minutes ago, big red22 said:

So next year

Watson

Taylor

Gill

Palmer

Akenten

Horne

Fuller

McVeigh

Roby

Copeland

Jacobson

Morrow

Tshimanga

Who is the odd man out for that point guard?

Rivals 150's in bold.

(did I get it right?  At this point it's almost easier to find the ones that AREN'T top 150 guys)