BOOM (Copeland has decided)

ajb5856

54 minutes ago, ajb5856 said:

So...Mike Schaefer apparently jumped the gun...sounds like Copeland left town without officially committing. He's headed home to talk it over with the family before deciding between NC State and Nebraska. I'll just shut up until there's multiple parties reporting a more definitive answer.

he didn't jump the gun... he was just trying to get people to subscribe to his "premium" article.

1 hour ago, ajb5856 said:

So...Mike Schaefer apparently jumped the gun...sounds like Copeland left town without officially committing. He's headed home to talk it over with the family before deciding between NC State and Nebraska. I'll just shut up until there's multiple parties reporting a more definitive answer.

How many guys did he say the football team was going to land today?

29 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Which is what most were saying. Except for Clouse, who thought we were gonna get Holmes, too. Everyone was surprised by the last minute Calvin switch.

I think the tears from Calvin were because he isn't coming here and is going where Mom told him he is going.

Could be wrong but was weird how he kind of just broke down, checked out after he put on that hat, and really couldn't look at his family.

Or I could be all wet, but...<_<

3 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I think the tears from Calvin were because he isn't coming here and is going where Mom told him he is going.

Could be wrong but was weird how he kind of just broke down, checked out after he put on that hat, and really couldn't look at his family.

Or I could be all wet, but...<_<

Been told this one isn't over, time will tell.

This kid is an amazing talent, but I have multiple concerns

1. Why exactly is he leaving Georgetown.  Did he not fit in there?  I don't want someone to come here and break up the chemistry.  I don't want him coming in here thinking he own the place!

2. Probably my biggest concern.  We need another ball handler more than anything, because the lone player that is leaving is a great guard.

3. Like someone already mentioned in this thread.  I don't want to stack the deck... Palmer, Watson, McVeigh, Jacobson, Morrow and if he joins the team Copeland would all be Junior's.

Seems like this thread should be moved to the recruiting board at this point, eh?

One point with regard to the large class size that multiple people have expressed concern about: these things have a tendency to shake themselves out.  This isn't 25 years ago, when most kids stayed in one place for four years.  Kids transfer, kids go pro early, kids decide they just don't want to play anymore, kids get academically ineligible, etc.  I will say with a high degree of confidence that we will not have 6 players celebrating senior day in March 2019.  If there's a talented player who wants to come here and the coaches want him too, you take him.

If Copeland comes and is eligible and healthy to play right away, would McVeigh be considered for a redshirt?

That would even out the classes a little more, though we'd be playing the non-con short a front-court player.

2018 Seniors — Fuller, Taylor and Gill

2019 — Watson, Palmer, Copeland, Morrow, Jacobson

2020 — McVeigh, Roby, Tshimanga, Horne

2021 — Akenton

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

If Copeland comes and is eligible and healthy to play right away, would McVeigh be considered for a redshirt?

That would even out the classes a little more, though we'd be playing the non-con short a front-court player.

2018 Seniors — Fuller, Taylor and Gill

2019 — Watson, Palmer, Copeland, Morrow, Jacobson

2020 — McVeigh, Roby, Tshimanga, Horne

2021 — Akenton

I don't see jack redshirting, but I do see another person in the 21' class, possibly 2.