Emily Wood #12

Row6Seat10

#12 on the court #1 when proving why a kid with a great attitude and outlook is good for your team!

Now a junior at the University of Nebraska, Wood states without hesitation she made the correct call when she chose to join the Cornhuskers women’s basketball program as a walk-on out of high school.

“Never once to this day have I had a doubt in my mind that I made the right choice,” Wood said. “I can say with 100 percent certainty that I am where I am supposed to be.

“I was glad for the adversity and the challenges because it made me a better player and person.”

“I didn’t play a lot my freshman year but it forced me to find other ways to contribute. I had to add value to the team by being a great teammate on the bench. I tried to push the starters and others in practice and worked as hard as I could to raise the level of our team.”

Her efforts did not go unnoticed. Connie Yori, Nebraska head coach at the time, had an open scholarship available prior to the 2015-16 season and wanted Wood to be rewarded for her contributions.

She is scheduled to graduate this May with a degree in business management after only three years on campus. She is applying for graduate school at NU and will work toward her masters during the next academic year, while she continues to play basketball in her final season with the Cornhuskers.

The following article featuring Emily was published in Saturday's Salina Journal

Wood flourishes at Nebraska

Graduating in 3 years is impressive even if you're not playing major college basketball.  Graduating in three years when you are playing major college basketball is, like, girl, slow down, you have the rest of your life to work yourself to death.  Here, eat some cheap Mexican, play some poker, have a beer and chillax.  Take my advice:  all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Holy crap does this girl make me look like a slacker in comparison.

Three years.  That was like 5th grade for some of the people on this board.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Graduating in 3 years is impressive even if you're not playing major college basketball.  Graduating in three years when you are playing major college basketball is, like, girl, slow down, you have the rest of your life to work yourself to death.  Here, eat some cheap Mexican, play some poker, have a beer and chillax.  Take my advice:  all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

nuh huh 3rd grade.

17 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

You promised not to tell everyone about this.