Biggest week of the season coming up

uneblinstu

This is arguably one of the biggest weeks of the season. The Huskers had a good week, great, even! They're getting all sort of positive press and even showing up on NCAA Tournament projections. They earned every bit of that. How they handle that this week when they come home to play two teams they should beat, but are not significantly better than, will tell us a lot about where this team will end up. They will play better teams, but they need to play well this week to carry over what we just saw this past week. We'll learn a lot about this squad this week.

What I learned this week was that every team has a chance to win on any given night/day.  When you look at the RPI list, the Big Ten teams are all generally above 100. 

The next game we play is the most important game.  We can certainly win it, but if we don't show up, if we don't play aggressively or not allowed to play aggressively, we can lose.  The strongest will survive. 

56 minutes ago, tcp said:

We've been here before. And then the egg gets laid (lucky egg!).

I've never been more into the oldest sports cliche of "taking it one game at a time" than I am right now.

Ha!  Yeah.

How many times have we (and many other teams too) allowed ourselves to become optimistic, only to fall back hard to the negative-side of reality.

Maybe this time it'll be different.  After all, the Cubs . . . 

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

The 'next' game is always the biggest game. It's really rather simple.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

The 'next' game is always the biggest game. It's really rather simple.

Always has been always will be with us, because we just aren't quite good enough to just show up and win...YET

I'm just excited that we are all EXCITED for the next game.  Considering where some on this board were after the GW and Southern games, its amazing what a couple win can do to jolt a fan base and also the team.  

I really hope the fans come out to support the boys on Thursday night vs Iowa.  I really think they will for two reasons.  One, we are playing much better, and two, its IOWA!!!

I know some of you play the "what if" game just like I do.  Can you imagine had we not laid the egg vs GW and also pulled out either the VT or Clemson game how this fan base (particularly this board) would be filling right now?  

Either way, we can't dwell on the past and hope to see our boys continue to fight, scratch and claw every night out.  

Let's go get that win Thursday night and keep the mojo going!  

12 hours ago, bball23 said:

I know some of you play the "what if" game just like I do.  Can you imagine had we not laid the egg vs GW and also pulled out either the VT or Clemson game how this fan base (particularly this board) would be filling right now?  

The only problem with the "what if" game is that I think Miles brought out a bunch from this team after the GW debacle.  If we win that game by 15 like we should have, do we come out and play like we do against Indiana and Maryland?  I don't believe we win those games.  I think it might have turned into a turning point, not just this season, but Miles' career.  It turned him into being hard on this team, to bring out the best in them.  Sometimes, when you put a fighter in the corner, he comes out swinging.

On 1/3/2017 at 7:47 PM, brfrad said:

The only problem with the "what if" game is that I think Miles brought out a bunch from this team after the GW debacle.  If we win that game by 15 like we should have, do we come out and play like we do against Indiana and Maryland?  I don't believe we win those games.  I think it might have turned into a turning point, not just this season, but Miles' career.  It turned him into being hard on this team, to bring out the best in them.  Sometimes, when you put a fighter in the corner, he comes out swinging.

It also made him change the offense.  They simplified some things for the young guys so they just run the play instead of thinking so much.