NCAA Tournament Projections

I think a finish to the season like this would get Nebraska there. It would mean finishing the season on a 10-6 run, which would be 12-6 overall conference record. For reference I think I have heard it mentioned that an 11-7 conference record is usually good enough to finish in the top 4-5 of the Big Ten. I'm not saying this is my projection for how the season will turn out. I'm simply saying that this is a way that I think Nebraska could get there. 

This scenario would also set up for the final game vs Michigan at home to be No-Sit Sunday Part 2.

IMG_2074.PNG

Edited by Nebrasketballer

17 minutes ago, 49r said:

Can't believe Kansas State is still in the first four out.  They're legit a tourney team this year.

Edited to add...and Illinois is IN????  GTFO!

Can't say for sure...but I'm guessing most bracket experts base their picks on the body of work YTD.  If that's the case...KSU= RPI 60; SOS=213.  Zero top 100 wins.  Illinois= RPI 30; SOS= 14.  Two top 50 wins and three top 100 wins. 

If you're going to carve out enough wins for us to overtake a couple of other Big Ten foes and sneak ahead of them to get our dance ticket punched, I have to imagine we'd need to get to at least 10 conference wins.   Maybe 11.  I think that's a tall order, but I didn't expect us to have a 2-win head start at this particular point in the season, so ...

vs Iowa,  gotta be a W;

vs NW,  gotta be a W;

@ Michigan, probable L;

@ Rutgers, gotta be a W;

vs OSU, gotta be a W;

@ NW, might have to take an L;

vs Purdue, probable L;

vs MSU, probable L;

@ Iowa, can we sneak a road W?;

vs Wiscy, another L?;

vs PSU, gotta get the W;

@ OSU, probable L;

@ MSU, another probable L;

vs Illinois, must have W;

@ Minn, probable L;

vs Michigan, possible W?

We have to get all of those Ws (except Iowa on the road) to just reach 9 conference wins, so we'd have to flip a couple of those probable Ls to get any better than .500 in league.  I have us losing probably 3 at home.  Can we make it 2?  Can we pick up an extra road win at NW or Michigan or Iowa? 

One thing seems pretty clear:  Just about everything that can go our way will have to go our way the rest of the season for this to happen and we can't drop any games that we'd be favored to win.

Looking at it another way, if we can find one more road win and drop no more than one game at home, we get to 11-7.

Edited by Norm Peterson

Some Quotes from those that have us "in"

"-Nebraska is rolling. With Big Ten play opening with road wins at Indiana and Maryland, Nebraska is not only in the field but a dark horse for a regular season Big Ten championship."

"-Nebraska on the #9 line may seem crazy, but out of all their losses only one was particularly bad so they hadn’t really sunk themselves prior to this week.  So, when a team that’s been holding serve suddenly adds road wins against Indiana and Maryland to their profile, the value of their profile spikes big time.

And those who laughed at Tim Miles will be sorry!!!"

Also noticed a lot of places have us in next 4 out and also considered.