uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 14 - @ Maryland

uneblinstu

what is it about tall lanky white guys for maryland going ape on us?  We balled out today and overcame the latest gymrat coach on the floor to really hustle hard against us from Maryland, but this is a pattern.  My 8 year old son had lost interest in the game, left the room to go play and then we started coming back.  When he started to come back in when we cut it to 3 points I told him to stay out because he was bad luck.  He came in anyway and we still won.  #crisisaverted

16 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

what is it about tall lanky white guys for maryland going ape on us?

No kidding.  That guy is capable of doing one thing at this point in his career and NU let him do it almost the entire game.  There is no way that guy should ever score that many points.  Got to be better getting through screens.

P.S.  Ted Valentine is extremely incompetent at his craft.

Unreal grit and heart - have to think our chances of winning were about 0.1% with 6 minutes to go.

Lots of guys were huge - loved MJ's activity, Roby's ability to deflect balls, etc, etc, etc. We just played so hard in back to back games. Must continue to have that mindset in a friendlier environment against a lesser opponent Thursday.

We saw how much we need Tai. We're up 8 when he picks up foul #3. Then he's on the bench and then picking up #4 and then back to the bench, and we're down 13 before he comes back in for good. His defense on Trimble before his 3rd foul was unbelievable. And he was an all B1G player in the final 3 minutes ... actually for the majority of the game. Wow.

Loved seeing the 1-3-1 in the black uniforms, hope Coach Nee was watching, that had to make him smile.  Love that type of zone with our length as a change up.

Coach Miles may never tweet again. 

Edited by throwback

4 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

My hope is that maybe if we kick enough of the "favored" teams in the balls this year the B10 stops giving us the rookie hazing treatment with the schedule.  I have this image of the team getting getting together before the IU game... 

Actually I'd argue that it was very fortunate to catch Indiana and Maryland on the road during Christmas break, with Maryland being an early game on New Year's Day. The no Saturday home games is a legit complaint though for sure

9 minutes ago, throwback said:

We saw how much we need Tai. We're up 8 when he picks up foul #3. Then he's on the bench and then picking up #4 and then back to the bench, and we're down 13 before he comes back in for good. His defense on Trimble before his 3rd foul was unbelievable. And he was an all B1G player in the final 3 minutes ... actually for the majority of the game. Wow.

Tai's defense on Melo was absolutely dominant until he got a couple dumb fouls.  It wasn't until he was on the bench that Melo did any damage.  Tai is a better player than Melo--he impacts the game so much on both ends.

3 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

Actually I'd argue that it was very fortunate to catch Indiana and Maryland on the road during Christmas break, with Maryland being an early game on New Year's Day. The no Saturday home games is a legit complaint though for sure

I think it's a mixed bag schedule. Tough teams but good timing to play two of the best on the road while the students are gone. 

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself a bit, but does 11-7 in the conference get us dancing with this schedule and two great road wins?

1 minute ago, BugeaterZ said:

I think it's a mixed bag schedule. Tough teams but good timing to play two of the best on the road while the students are gone. 

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself a bit, but does 11-7 in the conference get us dancing with this schedule and two great road wins?

RPI forecast says we'd have an RPI of 43 if that happened, so tack on a win in the conference tournament and it'd be hard to keep us out.

1 minute ago, BugeaterZ said:

11-7 with the SOS and RPI we'll have will put us firmly on the bubble and probably in.   Had it not been for Gardner Webb, 11-7 would have easily gotten us in

Lot of positive things in our favor, like the time and date of the game, and it is absolutely awesome that we took advantage of it.  Have to stay hungry now.  These games gave us a shot at being in NCAA tournament discussions down the road.  Now we need to remain in the conversation.