Gill out for season

atskooc

Huge blow.  We were already shallow at G.  Fortunately Taylor came in this summer or the team would be in really bad shape.  Medical redshirts are harder to obtain in basketball than they are in football.  Even if he is cleared to play next season, Taylor will not be 100% for a while.

Miles is now stuck with Jack moving up to G.  Could see more PT for Roby and Horne at the 3.

16 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Huge blow.  We were already shallow at G.  Fortunately Taylor came in this summer or the team would be in really bad shape.  Medical redshirts are harder to obtain in basketball than they are in football.  Even if he is cleared to play next season, Taylor will not be 100% for a while.

Miles is now stuck with Jack moving up to G.  Could see more PT for Roby and Horne at the 3.

Why would that move Jack up to a Guard?  It will move Evan Taylor to the 1 or 2 spot to rotate with Watson and Webster and leave Horne, McVeigh, and Roby at the 3.

Edited by kldm64

Ugh, terrible break for Gill and for NU. I'd echo what others have been saying, he was just starting to get rolling. 

My nightmare scenario at the end of last season would've been to be without Gill or he-who-shall-not-be-named-the-third at any point this season ... and here we are without either of them. 

Hope the rest of the guys can rally.

Edited by throwback

Well I think this almost assures we see a lot more of Horne as ET will have to serve almost exclusively as the backup to Tai and Watson. Assuming he won't get much more minutes at the 3, we should be seeing a lot more of Horne and Roby. We need Jack McVeigh to rediscover his stroke more than ever now.

9 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Why would that move Jack up to a Guard?  It will move Evan Taylor to the 1 or 2 spot to rotate with Watson and Webster and leave Horne, McVeigh, and Roby at the 3.

I am not saying Jack will start at guard. Rather he will play the 2 in a backup role. Inevitably, there will be foul trouble, the need for a breather, or injuries which necessitates having four guards ready to play on any given day. Taylor, Webster, and Watson can all play the 1. Jack will play when two of them will be on the bench. I just don't see Roby or Horne at the 2, but I can see them holding down the 3 from here on out. Jack has played guard on occasion in the past too. 

• 2 weeks later...