Tim Miles on HSN

Bugeaters1

People really need to calm down.  We need to see how the rest of this season plays out.  We were within 6 points with 3 minutes to go on a neutral court against the 2nd ranked team in the country.  We are still young. 

We need to come out and play every game as if it is the most important game.  We have the 2nd toughest schedule in the country.  If we can find a way to get close to .500 in conference, we can still have a successful season.

45 minutes ago, brfrad said:

One stat makes it extremely easy to see why we are losing games

5 wins:  3 point shooting, we are 35 for 91 (38.5 %)  an average of 7 makes per win

6 losses: 3 point shooting, we are 23 for 109 (21.1%), an average of 3.8 makes per loss.

We make 3's, we win.  We don't make 3's, we lose. 

That's where the phrase came from:   "Live and die by the three"

I have been watching too much cable lately because my instinct when I saw the title of this thread was to ask, "What is Miles selling on the Home Shopping Network?".   

1 hour ago, brfrad said:

People really need to calm down.  We need to see how the rest of this season plays out.  We were within 6 points with 3 minutes to go on a neutral court against the 2nd ranked team in the country.  We are still young. 

We need to come out and play every game as if it is the most important game.  We have the 2nd toughest schedule in the country.  If we can find a way to get close to .500 in conference, we can still have a successful season.

Actually, close is not going to cut it as that means we are below .500 and no postseason. With the loss to GW and assuming a win over Southern this team needs to win 9 regular season Big Ten games to position themselves for the NIT. That loss to GW really was a back breaker. 

32 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I see that Lee includes the write up for the Southern game in this article, and it includes Jordy, Ed, Evan, Tai, and Glynn as the starters! I'd like to see Roby in for Evan, but this is close to what a lot of us have been asking for! (Sorry, as a teacher and the husband of an English teacher, I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition :))

Edited by jason2486

4 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I see that Lee includes the write up for the Southern game in this article, and it includes Jordy, Ed, Evan, Tai, and Glynn as the starters! I'd like to see Roby in for Evan, but this is close to what a lot of us have been asking for! (Sorry, as a teacher and the husband of an English teacher, I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition :))

Have red haf of my stuff?  and I also tech amerca yuth.:mellow:

8 hours ago, jason2486 said:

That rule only applies to Latin.

People who apply that rule to English don't know what they're talking about.

Carry on.

beware, this segment is practically 100% callers...the arrogance and ignorance of these people is amazing, it's like they think they are the first person to have the thought they've had and all they have to do is just tell coach the magic remedy for fixing all the program's issues.

"Coach...why don't you recruit better?"

"Coach...if you guys just make more baskets, you'd win more.  Why can't you just do that?"

13 hours ago, brfrad said:

The "we are young" excuse is getting old.  I heard that last year as well that we are young and now hearing it again this year.  I don't consider us that young due to how much playing time the sophomore class got last year and we have a senior and 2 juniors that get a lot of minutes also.  I don't disagree that it is overall a young team but that is a reflection of the head coach not building his roster correctly. 

To me, this season won't be a success is we don't make any post season play.  This is Coach Miles 5th year and he couldn't build on the success he had in his 2nd year.  He was the national coach of the year, we make the NCAA tournament and then it's been downhill ever since.  There is no reason we shouldn't be at least making the NIT at this point in his tenure.  I'm a huge Coach Miles fan but he needs to start producing.  We lost all the momentum we had a few years ago. 

I don't see us finishing with a .500 or better record. We let too many winnable games slip away. Now I know crazier things have happened and I'm really really hoping for something crazy. I still think we have enough pieces to be dangerous. We just really, desperately, need those pieces to start clicking.