Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues (2017)

Just now, PimpMario said:

The Chancellor and AD who burned the bridge are gone.

You don't think there is some small part of Dana that doesn't still bleed a little red from pretending to be a Husker in the driveway?

It doesn't matter. Have you happened to hear Nick Bahe on his radio show talk about Altman's despise for Nebraska when he coached him at Creighton? Altman had a damn vendetta against us in prep for that game every year. Took it extremely personally. The bridge is indeed burned. Also...like I said before...

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/11/oregon_dana_altman_agree_on_7-.html

It's not happening.

It doesn't matter. Have you happened to hear Nick Bahe on his radio show talk about Altman's despise for Nebraska when he coached him at Creighton? Altman had a damn vendetta against us in prep for that game every year. Took it extremely personally. The bridge is indeed burned. Also...like I said before...

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/11/oregon_dana_altman_agree_on_7-.html

It's not happening.

I have heard Bahe talk about it. But you don't hate on someone unless they really got to you. Which means there is intense emotion.

Just like thinking Nebraska can be good in basketball, I will not give up hope, however slim.

Give him $20 million for 5 years.

Just now, PimpMario said:

I have heard Bahe talk about it. But you don't hate on someone unless they really got to you. Which means there is intense emotion.

Just like thinking Nebraska can be good in basketball, I will not give up hope, however slim.

I'll never fault a man for hope.

It's not happening.

Oregon doesn't have near as many fans as we do.

Altman could be a Messiah.

Not only would PBA be filled but he would have the adoration of an entire state the lives and breathes sports.

770c62f3beee703a0299606cc5f5d0c0.jpg

Open up the wallet for Greg Marshall.  Whatever it takes.  This guy plays the perfect brand of basketball stylistically for college basketball, and he has a great eye for talent and his players always seem to get really good while there.  He would be one guy that could win here.  Cost probably out of reach, but he would be exactly who I would want. 

Edited by royalfan

Open up the wallet for Greg Marshall.  Whatever it takes.  This guy plays the perfect brand of basketball stylistically for college basketball, and he has a great eye for talent and his players always seem to get really good while there.  He would be one guy that could win here.  Cost probably out of reach, but he would be exactly who I would want. 

Can't we pay a college basketball coach as much as any other school?

14 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

Oregon doesn't have near as many fans as we do.

Altman could be a Messiah.

Not only would PBA be filled but he would have the adoration of an entire state the lives and breathes sports.

I see your attendance numbers and raise you a national title contender/perennial Top 10 power that he has built in Eugene. I mean I get what you're saying, maybe by some miracle he'd want to come home, but for how pretty he's sitting at Oregon and for the contract he just signed literally 4 months ago you really think family draw would make him want to leave all of that to come coach this team? You only move up from the position he's currently in. If Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, NC etc had one of their head coaches step down for some reason he'd be legitimate candidate. Yet he's going to come coach here? No way.

Me personally? Get Gottfried. Would be perfect for a program like ours with lower expectations. A great recruiter and a proven entity in getting a Power 6 team consistently into the tourney.

I see your attendance numbers and raise you a national title contender/perennial Top 10 power that he has built in Eugene. I mean I get what you're saying, maybe by some miracle he'd want to come home, but for how pretty he's sitting at Oregon and for the contract he just signed literally 4 months ago you really think family draw would make him want to leave all of that to come coach this team? You only move up from the position he's currently in. If Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, NC etc had one of their head coaches step down for some reason he'd be legitimate candidate. Yet he's going to come coach here? No way.

Me personally? Get Gottfried. Would be perfect for a program like ours with lower expectations. A great recruiter and a proven entity in getting a Power 6 team consistently into the tourney.

I get it... The chance of him coming home is miniscule. But it is higher than Saban coming here. There is a connection at least.

I won't give up hope.

7 hours ago, PimpMario said:

The Chancellor and AD who burned the bridge are gone.

You don't think there is some small part of Dana that doesn't still bleed a little red from pretending to be a Husker in the driveway?

I guess there is always that chance.

Altman is signed through 2023 and is one of the top 20 paid coaches in div 1.

I'll give Altman the same odds of roaming the PBA as I'd give a talking dog with an urn full of John Naismith's remains.

18 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Altman is signed through 2023 and is one of the top 20 paid coaches in div 1.

I'll give Altman the same odds of roaming the PBA as I'd give a talking dog with an urn full of John Naismith's remains.

I don't think it ramps up the odds that much, but one thing that might appeal to Altman is that he still has a lot of family here. In my mind, that's the only reason he'd come.

I don't think he has any love for NU, based on rooting for the Huskers as kid. He'd have far more loyalty to Creighton at this stage in his life and wouldn't want to compete against them.

2 minutes ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

I keep coming back to Mark Gottfried.  Hes done it.  At a lot of different places.

Thank-You, suggested it last night. Did it at Bama, and NC State. At NC State was 3rd fiddle in the state, maybe even 4th fiddle to Wake Forest. He took over for a guy that won 31% of his ACC games, and got them to 2 sweet 16s in 4 years. If he did that here, we would have already named the arena after him.

Think he would be a home run.