Miles Just Punched His Ticket Today

Huskerinexile

My hopes are different from my expectations.

My expectations vary based on what I think we have going into the season.

My hopes are that we continue to progress as a program to the point where we reliably bring in 4-star talent, make the dance on a regular basis, and win a couple of games every once in awhile when we get there. 

I'd like us to end each season somewhat worried that a blueblood program is going to swoop in and steal our head coach.  I'd eventually like us to be that blueblood program that has a stable coach who puts his mark on the program and makes Nebraska a destination job for the guy who replaces him when he retires.

13 hours ago, BugeaterZ said:

I think Webster will get 2nd or 3rd team this year. I'm not so sure Morrow will ever get the recognition he will deserve. 

I agree about Tai this year. But I think we could have 3 All Big Ten Players in one year. Realisticall, when Glynn and Ed are Sr. and Roby is a Jr. I think all three could garner some type of recognition.

Which would probably mean we are doing very well that year.

15 hours ago, khoock said:

I think we currently have three future All Big Ten players: Watson, Morrow, and Roby.

I think we have a couple of guys who will be on everyone's radar going into next season for potential all-league honors and those two would be Watson and Morrow.  I think if Roby has the kind of sophomore season that Watson and Morrow have been having, then we could very well have three All Big Ten players when Watson and Morrow are seniors.

17 hours ago, Jugular said:

If he averages a double-double he will. Especially with his block numbers

I'm not saying he won't be one of the top 10-15 players in the conference, but those honors tend to go to guys who score a lot. I think Morrow is the type of player that doesn't get appreciated by those who only see him once or twice a year and don't realize how valuable his game is when he does it every time out. 

I hope my thoughts turn out as accurate as my score prediction on the Indiana game. 

1 hour ago, BugeaterZ said:

I'm not saying he won't be one of the top 10-15 players in the conference, but those honors tend to go to guys who score a lot. I think Morrow is the type of player that doesn't get appreciated by those who only see him once or twice a year and don't realize how valuable his game is when he does it every time out. 

I hope my thoughts turn out as accurate as my score prediction on the Indiana game. 

We also have to win as a team because guys on losing teams don't get 1st or 2nd team very often.

21 hours ago, khoock said:

I agree about Tai this year. But I think we could have 3 All Big Ten Players in one year. Realisticall, when Glynn and Ed are Sr. and Roby is a Jr. I think all three could garner some type of recognition.

Which would probably mean we are doing very well that year.

If you mean 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team could happen if rack up 12+ conference wins as this happens pretty regularly. (Indiana and Michigan St last year)

If you mean 3 on the first team, has that ever happened?

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

If you mean 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team could happen if rack up 12+ conference wins as this happens pretty regularly. (Indiana and Michigan St last year)

If you mean 3 on the first team, has that ever happened?

Nope. That's why I penciled in "some type of recognition". 1st through 3rd is what i was talking about.

On 12/18/2016 at 5:56 PM, BjoeHusker said:

8,144 fans?  That's pathetic!  The fan energy was lackluster at best. 

It would help if we had a bit more animated cheer squad.  I know we don't have the yell squad (only school in the big 10 without one I believe). But they really don't do a lot to energize the crowd like they did back in the day.  When the opposing team is shooting free throws they sit.  Did you notice when we played Indiana their cheerleaders stood up with IU signed and waved them?  Not that it did anything, but it's a hell of a lot better than sitting.  As much as I like looking at beautiful women, they aren't much entertainment at the games.  Maybe it's just my childhood imagine, but back in the day when we had a yell squad it was a lot more energetic both on and off the court.

Edited by Nighthawk