Miles Just Punched His Ticket Today

Huskerinexile

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Wait... I think I'm in the wrong thread. Where can I find the thread that shows where Nebraska just beat #16 Indiana?

GBR!

I know people are excited. And the win over Indiana was great. But Nebraska is still 7-6 on the season, so let's not get too carried away.

3 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I know people are excited. And the win over Indiana was great. But Nebraska is still 7-6 on the season, so let's not get too carried away.

I won't get carried away, but nonetheless, I will be excited.  We had one senior, one junior, three sophomores and three freshmen play the minutes tonight.  Think about that.  We lost some games we shouldn't have lost.  No question about it.  But man, the future seems just a bit brighter.

Just now, Nebrasketballer said:

Actually, 3 losing seasons out of 4. And potentially 4 losing seasons in 5. The Miles criticism was never only about 1 game. It has been about 5 years.

Your original post was about 1 season.. that's what I responded too.  I see where your going tonight so I will bow out early.  GBR or go home!

7 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Actually, 3 losing seasons out of 4. And potentially 4 losing seasons in 5. The Miles criticism was never only about 1 game. It has been about 5 years.

How are we guaranteed a losing season this year.  I'm not saying we are going to go 13 - 5 or anything just based on this win.  We still can finish above .500 in Big 10 play.  Keep getting the Jimmys and Joes. 

8 minutes ago, brfrad said:

How are we guaranteed a losing season this year.  I'm not saying we are going to go 13 - 5 or anything just based on this win.  We still can finish above .500 in Big 10 play.  Keep getting the Jimmys and Joes. 

Since when does "potentially" mean "guaranteed?"

36 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Great advice. Let's not get too carried away after one single game.   That would've been great advice a couple of games ago. Where were you then? Oh, wait… 

Just a couple of metaphysical questions on this topic. What does the mysterious punched ticket allow? A cushy job at a more prestigious institution? A reserved seat on the last train to Clarksville? A free spot at an all-you -can -eat buffet? And once a ticket has been punched by a loss to a hyphenated opponent at home, can it be unpunched by beating a team which has already beaten KU and North Carolina on the home court where they haven't lost since 2014? Might the first punch have still been attached by a tiny hanging chad? Maybe we should just let the whole season play out before we get as punched out ourselves as George Foreman at the Rumble in the Jungle by the ups and downs of each individual game.

33 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Great advice. Let's not get too carried away after one single game.   That would've been great advice a couple of games ago. Where were you then? Oh, wait… 

1 hour ago, Nebrasketballer said:

1 hour ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Not saying it has been perfect - but the program is light years ahead of where we were when Miles took over.  If you look at it over the long term you have to compare it to where we were when he started and what the trend is.  Sure we would all like to be even better by now - but he had one great season in the first four - probably one of the top 5-10 seasons in the program history and we are definitely trending up if you look at 5 year increments.   I think that more than justifies a little patience to see where we can get to under Miles.