Jump to content
Huskerinexile

Miles Just Punched His Ticket Today

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Section_316 said:

That falls on Timmy-- its year 5. Fans don't want to watch brutal offense from a a .500 team. sorry!

 

Once again, don't say "sorry", when you're not.  You're not remotely sorry, so don't bother saying it or being a phony.   

 

So say this all goes south.....and it isn't looking good right now.....be sure to be disrespectful out the door.  Say "Timmy" as often as possible.  I'm sure if we don't recruit good enough players, or coach well enough, or overcome primadonnas and their dads, it couldn't be a good effort that didn't work out.  It's always good to resort to name calling at such times.  Were you one of the guys who called Doc "Kenneth"?  

Edited by HB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HB said:

 

Once again, don't say "sorry", when you're not.  You're not remotely sorry, so don't bother saying it or being a phony.   

 

So say this all goes south.....and it isn't looking good right now.....be sure to be disrespectful out the door.  Say "Timmy" as often as possible.  I'm sure if we don't recruit good enough players, or coach well enough, or overcome primadonnas and their dads, it's couldn't be a good effort that didn't work out.  It's always good to resort to name calling at such times.  Were you one of the guys who called Doc "Kenneth"?  

 

Or "Sling Blade" like some fans  of a certain liked to? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BjoeHusker said:

8,144 fans?  That's pathetic!  The fan energy was lackluster at best. 

 

I agree but what was there to get excited about?  Hard to have any atmosphere with the offense we run.  It's almost like we have Doc Sadler as a secret consultant to be our offensive coordinator.

 

I'm not anticipating Miles will survive after this season.  If you remove the 2nd half of the 2014 season, he has done nothing here.  Amazing how his jokes and humor aren't as funny anymore.  Maybe we just need to spend some money and hire Craig Smith back as our assistant head coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

 

I agree but what was there to get excited about?  Hard to have any atmosphere with the offense we run.  It's almost like we have Doc Sadler as a secret consultant to be our offensive coordinator.

 

I'm not anticipating Miles will survive after this season.  If you remove the 2nd half of the 2014 season, he has done nothing here.  Amazing how his jokes and humor aren't as funny anymore.  Maybe we just need to spend some money and hire Craig Smith back as our assistant head coach.

 

I'm not even sure if it's that....it was balls cold outside, many are travelling for the Holiday's, the students are on break.  This is not just a Nebraska thing.  I went to the Creighton game Saturday night and it was dead.  They don't announce the official numbers as far as I know but I doubt there was more than 10K at the game.  And they are a top 10 team that has a coach that has put a fun style together.  We are a bad, boring team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, swmckewon said:

It feels like it's 20 below. Weather played a factor. So did the opponent. So did the layoff. So did the game being on Sunday. 

 

Nebraska basketball fans are unbelievably loyal given the lack of NCAA Tournament bids put out by the program. 

Plus Doane had to have their damn commencement on a home Husker game at the same time!  If it hadn't be for the fact it took my kid 13 years to get his degree, my wife and I would have been there to turn the crowd around!!  Sorry, we'll take the blame on this one!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Miles punched his ticket when he decided to sit Glynn to start the game. It's been a little less than 24 hours and I still cannot wrap my head around that decision. Debatably your second best player and one of few sources for offense, if he's not suspended or violating teams rules you don't not start him. What the hell does that do to your player's confidence? The entire way he's handled Glynn is upsetting to me. Some kids just need to be coached differently for the point to get across and to bring out the best in them. Obviously chewing him out every time he does something wrong, and now sitting him to prove a point, isn't working. He's transitioned to playing more tentative than we've seen before and you can clearly see it.

Edited by OmahaHusker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

For me, Miles punched his ticket when he decided to sit Glynn to start the game. It's been a little less than 24 hours and I still cannot wrap my head around that decision. Debatably your second best player and one of few sources for offense, if he's not suspended or violating teams rules you don't not start him. What the hell does that do to your player's confidence? The entire way he's handled Glynn is upsetting to me. Some kids just need to be coached differently for the point to get across and to bring out the best in them. Obviously chewing him out every time he does something wrong, and now sitting him to prove a point, isn't working. He's transitioned to playing more tentative than we've seen before and you can clearly see it.

 

Yeah, he sat him all of 8 minutes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

For me, Miles punched his ticket when he decided to sit Glynn to start the game. It's been a little less than 24 hours and I still cannot wrap my head around that decision. Debatably your second best player and one of few sources for offense, if he's not suspended or violating teams rules you don't not start him. What the hell does that do to your player's confidence? The entire way he's handled Glynn is upsetting to me. Some kids just need to be coached differently for the point to get across and to bring out the best in them. Obviously chewing him out every time he does something wrong, and now sitting him to prove a point, isn't working. He's transitioned to playing more tentative than we've seen before and you can clearly see it.

 

But he came out, played well and didn't seem to pout.  We don't know how this was handled behind closed doors.  Never will.  I don't think that right after warm ups he came in to the lockerroom and said "Glynn you're not starting"  or wrote the names on the board and then Glynn looked and saw that his name wasn't there.  I would hope they talked it out before it happened.  But hey I guess you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jimmykc said:

I think Izzo may have punched his ticket yesterday when his team was beaten by Northeastern at home. Maybe he will be available here.

 

4 out of 5 of MSU's starters were injured and not playing in that game.   A bit different situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eastofomaha said:

 

4 out of 5 of MSU's starters were injured and not playing in that game.   A bit different situation.

 

But shouldn't MSU be that good a program that they should/could beat somebody like Northeastern at home even with that many out? 

Edited by Silverbacked1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

 

But shouldn't MSU be that good a program that they should/could be somebody like Northeastern at home even with that many out? 

Exactly. We are talking about a perennial Top 10 program with multiple Final Four trips and national titles. Even they have embarrassing losses. Their recruiting should be able to overcome teams like Northeastern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

 

But shouldn't MSU be that good a program that they should/could beat somebody like Northeastern at home even with that many out? 

 

Their entire team is pretty much freshman and with the best freshman out, you are basically playing walk-on quality players.   This is a major down year for MSU.   This could be the year where everyone in the Big Ten has their way with them.   That would be sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but this Nebraska/MSU example is not even slightly an apples to apples comparison.

 

The issue with Tim Miles right now isn't just losing this 1 game. It's a collection of multiple seasons filled with sub-par results. This one very bad loss is simply one more data point on the negative side. A very different situation than at Michigan St.

 

Michigan St isn't potentially on their way to a 3rd consecutive sub-.500 season.

Izzo has earned the benefit of the doubt at Michigan St with an elite track record that includes 19 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances (3rd longest streak behind Kansas and Duke).


Since Miles got to Nebraska:

 

Michigan St:

 

2016:
29-6
Big Ten Tournament Champions
NCAA Tournament

 

2015:
27-12
NCAA Tournament - Final 4

 

2014:
29-9
Big Ten Tournament Champions
NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

 

2013:
27-9
NCAA Tournament - Sweet 16

 

 

Nebraska:

 

2016:
16-18

 

2015:
13-18

 

2014:
19-13
NCAA Tournament

 

2013:
15-18

Edited by Nebrasketballer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nustudent said:

I'm not saying we lost because we didn't start Glynn.   But I think it's fair to wonder.   I mean...it did take us what 3 and a half minutes to score?  Does the feel and pace of that game change if we get up on them earlier?

dude... we can't question coaches decisions in here. Its not allowed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

 

Exactly. If you're going to play him that much and you realize how valuable he is why would you not start him?

Maybe there was an issue at practice, with a class, who knows.  I am not around practice or the team so I don't know what message or punishment was being handed out or sent.  I am not sure he "punched his ticket" on Sunday but the natives (some who've been big supporters of Miles) are starting to scratch their heads and wiggle in their seats, and they can't all have hemorrhoids!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×