Miles Just Punched His Ticket Today

Huskerinexile

Anyone care to make an over/under bet on the game tonight? I'll set the attendance for butts-in-seats at 8,000. Personally, I'll take the over. But that is mainly because of the (relatively balmy) weather and the lack of tv coverage (I don't count the stupid BTN plus). Without these two factors I would go with the under.

22 hours ago, Jurgey said:

Plus Doane had to have their damn commencement on a home Husker game at the same time!  If it hadn't be for the fact it took my kid 13 years to get his degree, my wife and I would have been there to turn the crowd around!!  Sorry, we'll take the blame on this one!!!

As a Doane grad and the current President of the Doane Alumni council I wish to congratulate  to your kid  for being a Doane Graduate.

11 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I'm sorry, but this Nebraska/MSU example is not even slightly an apples to apples comparison.

The issue with Tim Miles right now isn't just losing this 1 game. It's a collection of multiple seasons filled with sub-par results. This one very bad loss is simply one more data point on the negative side. A very different situation than at Michigan St.

Michigan St isn't potentially on their way to a 3rd consecutive sub-.500 season.

Izzo has earned the benefit of the doubt at Michigan St with an elite track record that includes 19 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances (3rd longest streak behind Kansas and Duke).

Since Miles got to Nebraska:

Michigan St:

2016:
29-6
Big Ten Tournament Champions
NCAA Tournament

2015:
27-12
NCAA Tournament - Final 4

2014:
29-9
Big Ten Tournament Champions
NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

2013:
27-9
NCAA Tournament - Sweet 16

Nebraska:

2016:
16-18

2015:
13-18

2014:
19-13
NCAA Tournament

2013:
15-18

Just for shits and giggles, Nebrasketballer, can you show us a comparison of the two teams for the 10 or 15 years BEFORE Miles got here?

15 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

As a Doane grad and the current President of the Doane Alumni council I wish to congratulate  to your kid  for being a Doane Graduate.

Thank You.  I'm very proud of him for finishing up and proud he did it with Doane. It is a wonderful college!

Actually I'm kind of glad I missed the game to tell you the truth.

3 hours ago, Section_316 said:

dude... we can't question coaches decisions in here. Its not allowed 

Well I will question you then.  Why so upset all the time 316?  Sell your ticket, delete this website and jump on the big blue train of winners to the north.  They never ever question each other.

And maybe it is how it is worded.  You know not like Jim Rose wrote it but somebody that wants to talk about it.  Not just dump their crap then leave and then come back later and whine about "you can't be negitive on this site"

Check  that DUDE.

Edited by Silverbacked1

Don't blame yourself Omaha, I think a bunch of us had really mixed feelings Sunday afternoon.

And in this day and age, it isn't too much of a worry to think that something like not starting a kid who had been starting might cause him to leave.

Heck after tonight he gets to go home, hope he returns you know?

Hope family and friends see all this as a learning time not a you need to go time.

Edited by Silverbacked1

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Just for shits and giggles, Nebrasketballer, can you show us a comparison of the two teams for the 10 or 15 years BEFORE Miles got here?

That's exactly my point. Izzo has earned the benefit of the doubt with years and years of quality play in which every single season ends in at least an NCAA Tournament appearance.

When Izzo loses a game like Northeastern (when MSU is missing multiple players), it is an anomaly within a season that ends in 25-30 wins, NCAA Tournament appearances, potential Big Ten Tournament championships, with Elite 8, Final 4, and National Championships sprinkled in.

When Miles loses games like that, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, because it has become an annual occurrence. It's not an anomaly. He is potentially on his way to a 3rd consecutive sub-.500 season. And a 4th in 5 seasons.

Very different.

7 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

That's exactly my point. Izzo has earned the benefit of the doubt with years and years of quality play in which every single season ends in at least an NCAA Tournament appearance.

When Izzo loses a game like Northeastern (when MSU is missing multiple players), it is an anomaly within a season that ends in 25-30 wins, NCAA Tournament appearances, potential Big Ten Tournament championships, with Elite 8, Final 4, and National Championships sprinkled in.

When Miles loses games like that, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, because it has become an annual occurrence. It's not an anomaly. He is potentially on his way to a 3rd consecutive sub-.500 season. And a 4th in 5 seasons.

Very different.

True but what I was pointing out is that even the top programs have bad losses and bad years.  We just seem to have longer and more of them, but then we aren't a top program.:huh:

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Well I will question you then.  Why so upset all the time 316?  Sell your ticket, delete this website and jump on the big blue train of winners to the north.  They never ever question each other.

And maybe it is it is worded.  You know not like Jim Rose wrote it but somebody that wants to talk about it.  Not just dump their crap then leave and then come back later and whine about "you can't be negitive on this site"

Check  that DUDE.

Thanks for the down arrow 316, kind of proved my point.  Instead of coming on here and talking you down arrow me then do type:

Im not mad at all for the record. Long live the Huskers!!

Now go get ready for your smack off debut,  I am sure Jim is holding a errrrr....out !

Edited by Silverbacked1

1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:

I was wrong on this post. I was fed up emotionally and it led to this^ after that loss. I just don't want to live with even the small thought of Glynn being unhappy and transferring. I'm a new man after 24 hours and listening to Miles' radio show last night. Let's get the W tonight and head into conference play. GBR baby

Maybe us as fans need a cooling down period. like the coaches have to have after games.

18 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Maybe us as fans need a cooling down period. like the coaches have to have after games.

I agree.  I self-impose them myself.

But I don't really begrudge regular contributors venting frustrations here.

What is a bit unsettling is that there are a certain number of community members that ONLY post to vent and never contribute here otherwise.

It's a little bit like I feel the right to come on here and vent is earned, not given.

Are people really shocked that there's fan discussion of a coaching change at this point? I'm not going to count Tim out at this point, there is a lot of basketball to be played but to play devils advocate, here is what he's done at Nebraska to this point.

68-73 (.483) Overall

27-45 (.375) B1G

0-5 (.000) Creighton 

Miles has done some good things, gotten the NCAA monkey off our back and I understand why people think he should be given more time. On the flip side, I certainly understand why people would want a change.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

9 minutes ago, Lifetimesker said:

It's been almost a year since I've logged on, and I've picked the wrong time to do so apparently. I understand the negativity and frustration, but I'm just not ready to pull the plug on Coach Miles quite yet!

Most here agree with you, just some are getting a little restless.

43 minutes ago, ShortDust said:

I hate the excuse of it's too cold.. blah blah, my wife and I make it to each game and bring our little man. We don't leave early and we still cheer on the team win or lose. 

You are raising that young guy right.  It takes toughness to be a Husker hoops fan.  Bad weather and fortitude through tough times.  It will help him immensely in life and kudos to the parents!