Tai Webster...again.

Huskerpapa

I am so proud of this kid.  He started as a freshmen on a team that went to the NCAA tournament.  Was he a deer caught in the headlights back then?  Absolutely.  But he grew up, never quit and is now an excellent player.

The purpose of this topic relates to a comment made by analyst Miles Simon during the KU game.  I am paraphrasing, but I distinctly heard him say that if Tai continues to play at his current level, he will be a Big Ten All-Conference choice.  That comment sort of fell harmlessly into my cushy brain, but it grew legs today. 

What do you think, can Tai become first or second team all conference?  I do!  The better we play in conference, the better his chances.

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

That depends on what this team does. They don't put guys from bad teams on the first team.

IIRC Miles Simon specifically said first team all conference, but I think you're absolutely correct that he probably won't make first team if we have a losing record in conference.  I mean it's a joke that Webster didn't make the all tournament team in California.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

That depends on what this team does. They don't put guys from bad teams on the first team.

Depends more on how deep the individual talent pool is this year.

Tim Frasier made the first team a few years ago despite Penn State being the worst team in the league mostly due to competition for the spot being soft.

45 minutes ago, Blackshirt83 said:

Tim Frasier made the first team a few years ago despite Penn State being the worst team in the league mostly due to competition for the spot being soft.

Whoa.  I was just about to bring up Tim Frazier! I'd totally forgotten this man existed, but then he dropped a triple-double off the bench in the NBA the other night, prompting me to low-key Internet stalk him.  I guess he was a D-League All-Star and even won the MVP.  Good to see he's bouncing back after rupturing his Achilles back at PSU!  Hope that he's still challenging his sister Krystal to games of one-on-one when at home in Houston.  And that his father Billy and mother Janice are...okay, I'm done.

5 hours ago, hal9000 said:

IIRC Miles Simon specifically said first team all conference, but I think you're absolutely correct that he probably won't make first team if we have a losing record in conference.  I mean it's a joke that Webster didn't make the all tournament team in California.

Two of these players made the all-tournament team, one did not.  Which would you choose?  All stats with the exception of FG/3PT/FT are per game.

MIN    FG (%)               3PT (%)              FT (%)                REB    AST    STL    TO      PTS

31.0    17-32 (53.1%)   11-21 (52.4%)    2-3 (66.7%)        4         9.3      1         2.7     15.7

MIN    FG (%)               3PT (%)              FT (%)                REB    AST    STL    TO      PTS

31.3    17-40 (42.5%)   10-24 (41.7%)    4-4 (100%)         5         2.7      1         3.7     16

32.3    20-38 (52.6%)   4-10 (40.0%)      14-19 (73.7%)    6.4       4        0.7      2        19.3

5 hours ago, Blackshirt83 said:

I'd forgotten that team was so bad. Frazier was a good PG but relatively came out of nowhere to score all those points that year in Pat Chambers first season. John Shurna from a non-tourney team also made that top 5. If we're giving a spot to great players on a bad team (if that is what Tai becomes) does he get the nod over Peter Jok?