Fire Miles Talk (complete BS)

mrj

43 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

You read it correctly. I was curious how that would look as well. I figure the under-performing non-conference schedule led to at least a little devalued conference prediction.

That was what I was thinking as well.   My guess would be preseason, all those 6-7 win predictions would have been 8-9 win predictions

15 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Sharp and Benning this morning hinted at Miles possibly leaving for a different job this morning....  anyone else hear it??? Seemed weird like they knew something. It's like the last 2 minutes of segment 2 if anyone wants to give me their opinion on it

Hmmm.  The plot thickens.

56 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Sharp and Benning this morning hinted at Miles possibly leaving for a different job this morning....  anyone else hear it??? Seemed weird like they knew something. It's like the last 2 minutes of segment 2 if anyone wants to give me their opinion on it

54887506.jpg

24 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

...Damon was talking about the fans leaving early like that was a new phenomenon...

Wow, news flash Damon.  Has been happening at least since they build the Sports Center in '76.  Nebraskans hate their traffic, and love their sleep. 

2 hours ago, HB said:

Wow, news flash Damon.  Has been happening at least since they build the Sports Center in '76.  Nebraskans hate their traffic, and love their sleep. 

Went to Misery vs Texas A&M game tonight and for the record, fans were streaming out with 11 minutes to go.  Okay hard to say streaming given the crowd size but half of what was there was heading to exit before the under 8 timeout.

9 hours ago, colhusker said:

Went to Misery vs Texas A&M game tonight and for the record, fans were streaming out with 11 minutes to go.  Okay hard to say streaming given the crowd size but half of what was there was heading to exit before the under 8 timeout.

People are funny.  I have passion for hoops and the Huskers.  Passion over practical.  Can't imagine leaving early.  Plus the old idea of getting one's money's worth.  Finishing your supper.  Eating your vegetables.  Etc.  But to each his or her own, of course.  

Edited by HB

5 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Not sure what you heard here

14 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Let's face it. Shawn is basically doing the same thing to Tim that he tried doing to Bo--no public support, sniffing around practice, etc.  It wears on a coach, staff and team.  Tim has a good agent. I'm sure they will listen to jobs that come open. And if/when Shawn hires someone new, I'm sure he will all of a sudden become more of a fixture at games, more supportive of the team and more visual around the coaches/team.

13 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Outside of the great state of Nebraska, it seems like people are consistently dumbfounded by Miles being on the hot seat.  This situation feels a lot more like Peterson firing Solich than Eichorst firing Pelini.  When Bo got the can, people understood why.  Bo's record alone was decent, but his childish antics and blowouts on primetime TV tainted the program's image.  So when he got fired, you could safely assume that we'd be able to easily hire a good coach to replace him.  With Solich though, only people associated with the program understood the firing (and even then there were a lot of dissenters).  100% of the comments I read or heard from national media and other coaches were in agreement at the time: Nebraska's expectations were WAY out of whack with reality.  And frankly, no one wants to take a job where the standard for success (a.k.a. the standard to remain employed) is unobtainable.

52 minutes ago, Jugular said:

Let's face it. Shawn is basically doing the same thing to Tim that he tried doing to Bo--no public support, sniffing around practice, etc.  It wears on a coach, staff and team.  Tim has a good agent. I'm sure they will listen to jobs that come open. And if/when Shawn hires someone new, I'm sure he will all of a sudden become more of a fixture at games, more supportive of the team and more visual around the coaches/team.

No public support? What exactly are you looking for Eichorst to come out and say?  Also, in one sentence you say it's bad his "sniffing around practice" and in the next you say he's not visual enough around the coaches/team.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't type of deal?

"(Miles) has done a terrific job managing our program," Eichorst said.

Q: Let's switch gears to basketball. What do you want to see from the Nebraska men's team the rest of the season that would show you satisfactory progress?

Eichorst: "Continued growth. They've really worked hard. Tim (Miles) has worked his tail off. He's got a great group of assistants around him. I really like the nucleus — the young nucleus. Obviously, I think he would want them to be a little bit further along. But they've played a really good schedule up to this point. No one's making any excuses. We will never do that. I just think we want to see improvement."

Q: So, you gauge it by what you see?

Eichorst: "I think that's right. And I think we just need to have reasonable expectations around it, and support. We'll kind of dissect it all at the end. We're in the middle. The Big Ten's a formidable league. I know this: The effort's been there. The preparation's been there from what I've seen in practice. And we've had some guys dinged up. Again, there are no excuses there, but you have to take that into consideration as you look at the whole thing.

"I'm very, very optimistic about where we're at."

Q: Is there anything to read into you deciding not to extend Miles' contract after last season?

Eichorst: "It's a fair question. He doesn't read into it. I haven't read into it. I think Tim and I come from the same backgrounds. He comes from a small town, I come from a small town. He worked himself up through the ranks, I worked myself up through the ranks.

"We're not working for contracts. We're trying to do the right thing, and we're trying to be successful and represent the institution the right way. We know when all of that comes together we'll win ballgames. He's a winner. He's won every place he's been, and I'd like to think I've had success every place I've been. Tim and I see life the same way, and I think we see basketball the same way.

"We'll just keep working hard."