Fire Miles Talk (complete BS)

mrj

11 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Speaking of Andrew White, I've watched a few of his games.  Here are some observations and a question.

1.  Andrew White plays every minute of every game for Syracuse.

2.  Yet, he rarely exerts much energy--rarely breaks a sweat.  Here's why: (I) on defense, he guards a small area to the right of the lane and moves very little on any defensive possession; and (Ii) on offense, he hangs around the wings behind the three point line and occasionally drives to the rim.

Question:  I wonder if these zone-only teams have an advantage in fewer injuries over the course of a season, since man-only teams work hard on every defensive stand?  

I've watched AWIII in person while he has been on Syracuse's roster and I paid very particular attention to his game play:

1. Yes. He plays the full 40 minutes. He gets a lot of points for the team, but he's not very efficient getting to those points. He's much more of a volume shooter, especially considering the amount of time he's out on the court.

2. He spends minimal energy throughout the entire game. Whenever there were free throws by the opposing team, he would literally stand right under the Syracuse hoop every single time. Whenever there was ball movement on offense, he would occasionally move around, but he just hovered around a segment of the arc most of the time. He rarely spent any time inside the three-point arc.

Bonus: The Syracuse fans that I've sat around kept saying things like "There's no way he's going to get drafted in the first round like they say he will" and "he's not that great of a guy we were told."

On 2/21/2017 at 0:41 PM, hhcdimes said:

If the people that put the most $$$$ money toward the basketball program don't want to get rid of Miles, that would go a long way towards Miles being back here next year.

Do we have any inkling as to the prevailing sentiment of the large MBB Donors?  :ph34r:

(Being out-of-state, I have no idea)

Edited by Red Don

17 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

If the people that put the most $$$$ money toward the basketball program don't want to get rid of Miles, that would go a long way towards Miles being back here next year.

BTW, who do you think the communication came from that "Husker Power" before the game was unsportsmanlike and who do you think directed it not be used anymore? 

On 2/19/2017 at 6:59 AM, jimmykc said:

ConkTrifecta or Blackshirt should start a new thread on why it would be asinine to fire Miles this year. I am somewhat embarrassed to think that this particular thread may become the longest one in the history of HHC!

"Eichorst" is veerrrrry similar to "Eichman."  As in Adolf.  Coincidence?

(Sorry for the Hitler reference but I didn't think this thread, in the history of the internet, should be the one that disproves Godwin's Law.)

Looking up on cbs sports, we have the #1 SOS with what is considered the 3rd youngest(behind Kentucky &a Oklahoma) of the major conference teams, averaging only 19.7 years old.

i know youth in basketball can be misleading, but when it isn't 5 star talent, it takes development. This team shows too much promise for next year to break it up.

If next year doesn't show much improvement, I think a change would be necessary, though.

Updated:

Win vs Sacramento State, 83-61 (+22pts)
Win vs University of Mary, 70-38 (+32pts)
Win vs Louisiana Tech, 65-54 (+11pts)
Win ne Dayton, 80-78 (+2pts)
Loss ne UCLA, 71-82 (-11pts)
Loss ne Virginia Tech, 53-66 (-13pts)
Loss at Clemson, 58-60 (-2pts)
Win vs South Dakota, 73-61 (+12pts)
Loss vs Creighton, 62-77 (-15pts)
Loss vs Kansas, 72-89 (-17pts)
Loss vs Gardner-Webb, 62-70 (-8pts)
Win vs Southern, 81-76 (+5pts)
Win at Indiana, 87-83 (+4pts)
Win at Maryland, 67-65 (+2pts)
Win vs Iowa, 93-90 2OT (+3pts)
Loss vs Northwestern, 66-74 (-8pts)
Loss at Michigan, 85-91 (-6pts)
Loss vs Ohio State, 66-67 (-1pts)
Loss at Rutgers, 64-65 (-1pts)
Loss at Northwestern, 61-73 (-12pts)
Win  vs Purdue 83-80, (+3pts)
Loss vs Michigan State, 61-72 (-11pts)
Loss at Iowa, 70-81 (-11pts)

Loss vs Wisconsin, 69-70 OT (-1pts)

Win vs Penn State, 82-66 (+16pts)

Win at Ohio State, 58-57 (+1pts)

Loss at Michigan State, 72-88 (-16pts)

Records:
Games between 0-4 points: 6-4 (5-3)
Games between 5-9 points: 1-3 (0-2)

Double-digit games: 5-8 (1-4)

Top 5 largest victories: 32 (University of Mary), 22 (Sacramento State), 16 (Penn State), 12 (South Dakota), 11 (Louisiana Tech)

Top 5 largest defeats: 17 (Kansas), 16 (Michigan State), 15 (Creighton), 13 (Virginia Tech), 12 (Northwestern)

The loss to Michigan State becomes the 2nd largest losing margin of the season.