Fire Miles Talk (complete BS)

mrj

7 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

I do find all this post loss lamenting interesting, considering it was about 40 people picking Northwestern to win, vs. 10 for a Husker win.  

Northwestern has now beaten us 4 straight times by an average of 10 points.  That is concerning for a program that is in year 5. 

2 hours ago, 49r said:

@SkersHoops as an aside here, those 17 appearances for Wisconsin account for over 77% of their NCAA tourney apparences ALL TIME!  If you extend the timeline to 20 years, it goes up to a whopping 86%

NCAA Tournament appearances
1941, 1947, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Point is, they may have an impressive looking number of tourney appearances under their belt, but they are MOST DEFINITELY new money hoops royalty.  Before that, they were a bad, BAD basketball program.

And they didn't go from 0 to 60 overnight, either. Stu Jackson got them there in year 2, then they muddled around for a couple years, made it back in 96-97 and were miserable in 97-98. Then they rebounded in 98-99 and have been there every year since. This stuff rarely happens in a linear progression.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And how many times have we beaten Michigan State in that time period?

Once, probably will be twice after Thursday.  The inconsistency with this program is probably what was is most frustrating.  The talent level is improving, but at some point it has to turn into more wins.  Currently Miles is 30-50 in B1G games.

21 hours ago, brfrad said:

Roby has been tentative the last few games.  He seems to think Doc is the coach, and if he takes a quick shot, even if he's open, he's going to get benched.  He's been shooting alright.  If he's going to play 20+ minutes a game, he needs to shoot the ball.  In his last 4 games, he has taken 11 shots.  Horne is not scared to shoot, but he is in a slump, and is struggling defensively.  Jacobson misses Morrow.  They complement each other well.  He is not a guy that is going to bang without that enforcer.  That is why I was hoping Jordy and Mike might start playing together, while Morrow is gone.  He won't be back until MSU at the earliest, which given his lay-off, he might not get many minutes his first few games back. 

Hard not to be tentative when you are sitting on the bench, when you should be getting serious minutes...

1 hour ago, Chuck Taylor said:

What I'd give for this thread to go away. 

With every loss, this thread will get a fresh coat of paint! The idea of letting coach go after this season is just nonsense to me. But with each loss, his detractors camp will strengthen. Let's just get off the snide, start trending upwards and this thread might actually get a Birthday!

I think we will be alot better next year, assuming we have all the players we are anticipating to have. Watson will take over a Webster type role. Plus you will have Morrow, Jacobson, and Jordy down low. Who can all score. Once Jordy learns how to play defense without fouling we will have a three headed monster in the front court. You'll have Jack and Horne to supply the three ball. ET to do all the little things he does so well. Roby who we all agree is just oozing with talent but needs to put it all together. Plus we got Nana coming in who at the least will be able to contribute to the level of what our freshmen now are.

AND I haven't even mentioned our transfer players Gill, Palmer, and Copeland.

Anybody who can't see the build up and progress for next year is blind. I have never been this optimistic about an upcoming season. Obviously that can change depending on transfers and injuries but as of right now I'm  stoked. I want to see what Miles can do with that roster. And if he fails to make atleast the NIT and bubble conversation then he should be let go and I will sadly admit I was wrong about Miles. But I just gotta see next year first.

12 minutes ago, khoock said:

I think we will be alot better next year, assuming we have all the players we are anticipating to have. Watson will take over a Webster type role. Plus you will have Morrow, Jacobson, and Jordy down low. Who can all score. Once Jordy learns how to play defense without fouling we will have a three headed monster in the front court. You'll have Jack and Horne to supply the three ball. ET to do all the little things he does so well. Roby who we all agree is just oozing with talent but needs to put it all together. Plus we got Nana coming in who at the least will be able to contribute to the level of what our freshmen now are.

AND I haven't even mentioned our transfer players Gill, Palmer, and Copeland.

Anybody who can't see the build up and progress for next year is blind. I have never been this optimistic about an upcoming season. Obviously that can change depending on transfers and injuries but as of right now I'm  stoked. I want to see what Miles can do with that roster. And if he fails to make atleast the NIT and bubble conversation then he should be let go and I will sadly admit I was wrong about Miles. But I just gotta see next year first.

i'm pretty sure everyone feels this way. nobody is saying miles should be gone after this year, but then again you never know what eichorst could be thinking.

10 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Don't see this thread going away anytime soon. Heard Miles hotseat talk on every local sports talk show, and at the top of all the other message boards. Right or wrong, this will be talked about until the end of the season. 

Win some games and it'll disappear in a hurry. Morrow's probably back this week, that will help.

i think he should be back, but it is frustrating coming to the realization that his coaching probably isn't good enough to ever be great.  Can't have coaching that pisses away games with idiotic defensive scheme with 1.6 left and expect to be great as there are much more complicated situations that he probably cannot handle either. 

9 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Do you remember when Nebraska went after Bill Self when he was in Champaign?

Nope.  This is surprising news to me, honestly.  One would think that after Self snubbed Bill Byrne when he was at Tulsa, we would not have tried to go after him a second time.  Of course I was living on the east coast at the time so I wasn't as keyed in to this kind of stuff.  Tell me more.