WBB: Game #9 vs Drake

Row6Seat10

I am completely befuddled.  On offense we look completely timid;  unwilling to pass inside and unwilling to drive and unwilling to put up a 3.  On defense we look completely without a team concept.  How do so many players get so open behind us?  Are we really that confused?  This is my team and I will not quit on it but shouldn't we be getting better?

6 hours ago, rand909 said:

I am completely befuddled.  On offense we look completely timid;  unwilling to pass inside and unwilling to drive and unwilling to put up a 3.  On defense we look completely without a team concept.  How do so many players get so open behind us?  Are we really that confused?  This is my team and I will not quit on it but shouldn't we be getting better?

I cannot agree more with your comments on the defense.  Where is the help and why do we not defend the post.  When you have the 3 tallest players on the floor you should not be getting crushed on the boards by a team with lesser athletes.

We definitely seem to be lacking the player that can provide on court leadership and bring the "fire".  I'm thinking like the intensity and passion Blackburn shows on the court. I don't see players congratulating or high-fiving each other after good plays nor are they encouraging each other after a mistake.  There is  very little emotion on the court. I want to see a player fired up and encourage her teammates to get a stop on defense or give an excited fist pump after a great offensive play.  

I don't know if it is a chemistry issue or that things are just still too new.  

In the video it was apparent to me at least, that Allie isn't happy with what's going on. She's mad. Not in a bad way, but rather she wants to win in her last year. ...determined.

The look on her face most of the interview was stern, but she is very resolved to the idea that she is dedicated herself to this team, and simply doing the best she possibly can...and is leaving it all on the floor. Some have said she could be a better rebounder, or whatever...but she is doing what she can, up to her abilities.

Still think Jess and Allie could/should play as a "duo" in the paint, and be much more dominate, but that's just not happening. Jess gets the ball and it's going up. But the team is really relying on Jess right now..... in time it may change once the rest of the team gets it's chemistry going.

Defense is our biggest weakness....aside from turnovers maybe. Drake killed us with simple fundamental basketball, and blew us off, getting down court.

Our shooting is improving. We scoring better now. Still need rebounding. 

Just hope the team doesn't get to frustrated. Hang in there girls. The goal seems pretty far off right now. The problems might be tougher to handle for the older kids than the freshman.

The B!G schedule is going to be brutal....just hope we can show more improvement.

I don't want to sound like a Image result for broken record gif  but did anyone else think the Student Announcers on BTN Plus, Tommy Rezac and David Eickholt, did a Great Job on calling the game?  They knew the players on both teams, and did a good job of calling the Action.   :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

There have been some really good Student Announcers lately.  :nod:

My only complaint is not with the Announcing, but with BTN Plus.

Why is BTN Plus so stingy with the broadcast time. They don't go 'live' until the teams 'tip-off.' If your computer is like mine, it takes some time to get the video running properly so with just the 'blank screen' (your program will begin shortly) I don't know if it is really running (oftentimes I have to 'refresh' to get a picture or to start the action) and I usually wind up missing the beginning of the game.

What does it cost them to provide a few extra minutes, like the intros, National Anthem, etc. I guess they really don't want to provide a 'game experience,' just the 'action.' Or the 'dead time.' This time they did show the halftime entertainment, but often it is just a blank screen; even a 'live' shot of PBA would be better than that.

Good Points HUD.   I had heard that archive and replay were available, but have never used it.  Do you know if you can replay in slo-mo (like you can in You-Tube, to say, review plays)?

Looking at my post I was a little harsh on BTN+, when I really just wanted to compliment the Student U announcers.  Without BTN+ we wouldn't  get to see most of the WBB games at all, but there is no reason they couldn't try to improve the viewing experience.

Red Don, 

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  Just got back from Lincoln.  

Yes you can watch the replays on slow motion which is a great tool in evaluating a play.   BTN Plus may not be perfect but it's a lot better then just listening to the audio.  I use it a lot.  The student announcers are funny at times to listen to but it is a great way for them to get their foot in the door.