Nebraska (3-0) vs Dayton (2-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Who else really likes the Morrow kid right now? :D Dude was a man out there tonight!

But really, great game by everyone tonight.  Jack made some youthful mistakes at the end but fortunately they didn't cost us the win.  He'll grow and learn from this.

Nice to see Gill get some mojo back.  I think we've only seen the beginning of what he'll bring to the team this year.

1 minute ago, huskas4real said:

I should have worded my question better. Those are very correctable, BUT don't we have better options? Wouldn't we rather see someone who is a little strong passer and stronger with the ball in there.

It's one of those situations where you have to pick either ball handler or free throw shooter.

1 minute ago, huskas4real said:

I should have worded my question better. Those are very correctable, BUT don't we have better options? Wouldn't we rather see someone who is a little strong passer and stronger with the ball in there.

The answer is yes, Tai Webster.  Unfortunately he was on the bench with 5 fouls.

21 minutes ago, HB said:

Jack will be OK.   Just like Glynn was after a very poor game sunday night.  jack is strong-minded and will get over this quickly.  

Exactly. If I remember correctly, Webster made some questionable inbounding plays a couple of years ago. People complained. Then they forgot. McVeigh will be alright.

I was thinking back to Tai's first season, and his difficulties especially when there were such high expectations.  I remember when it was a victory just for him to make a FT and he would look over at Miles.   Now he's the senior leader and  backbone of the team - What a (pleasant) difference!  :)

28 minutes ago, Red Don said:

I was thinking back to Tai's first season, and his difficulties especially when there were such high expectations.  I remember when it was a victory just for him to make a FT and he would look over at Miles.   Now he's the senior leader and  backbone of the team - What a (pleasant) difference!  :)

Anyone still questioning Miles player development need look not further than Tai.  Nuff Said

7 hours ago, khoock said:

Sooooo... on to the real question here: what are our chance against UCLA?

I watched the first 25 minutes of their game against Portland and wasn't super impressed. High scoring offense but doesn't seem to be much emphasis on defense.

Depends on if we can score 80-85 again.

We shoot well?  sure, we got a shot.

They're going to put up some points. given that theyre young too they might be a little shocked that the other side is going to play a little defense though which could give us an edge.

Our sophomores have way more high end experience than most sophomores so we might even have an experience edge.

I wouldnt call an upset outright but I don't think I'd be completely shocked after last night.