KU Pregame discussion

Huskerpapa

KU basketball player Carlton Bragg charged with battery, scheduled to appear in court today - LJWorld.com

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2016/dec/09/ku-basketball-player-carlton-bragg-arrested-suspic/

KU basketball player Carlton Bragg, 20, has been charged with misdemeanor battery, according to Douglas County District Court records.

He is scheduled to appear in court at 3 p.m. Friday.

Bragg was arrested and jailed early Friday morning, initially on suspicion of domestic battery, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. 

Police were called about 1 a.m. to the 1000 block of Emery Road, according to Lawrence Police Department call records.

That block of Emery Road, near the University of Kansas campus, is home to several apartment complexes, fraternity and sorority houses.

Kansas Athletics officials acknowledged Friday morning that Bragg had been arrested, but provided no details about the incident.

“We’re aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering facts,” KU associate athletic director Jim Marchiony told the Journal-World. “When we get those facts, we’ll act appropriately.”

As of Friday afternoon, Bragg remained in Douglas County jail and no bond was listed.

Kansas coach Bill Self on Friday morning reiterated Marchiony's comments on the situation: "We're still trying to gather as much information as we can at this juncture," he told the Journal-World. "I will not comment further until we are able to get more information other than the fact that it's obviously a charge that we take seriously."

Kim Murphree, spokeswoman for the Lawrence Police Department, said Friday morning only that police had sent the case to the Douglas County District Attorney's Office for consideration of charges. She declined to answer further questions about the incident.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Lots of tickets still available for this one.  The KU athletic department has GA tickets for sale (face value is $75).

Stubhub has reserved seats going for well under face now.

It seems like Kansas (fans anyway) are not taking the game too seriously.  447 tickets still available on StubHub starting @ $56.  I'd go if I was in the vicinity, just to see the arena.

upload_2016-12-9_9-38-11.png

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I think you could call Bragg their 7th/8th man though he's one of their 2 main scoring forces off the bench.

The whole episode is probably going to end up being more of a distraction for them than anything.  Still, every little thing matters.

1 minute ago, 49r said:

The whole episode is probably going to end up being more of a distraction for them than anything.  Still, every little thing matters.

It's a team that doesn't shoot a ton of 3s, is terrible at the FT line, and the one thing most of the players know about us is that Andrew White used to go there. Georgia holding them to 65 gives you a bit of a blueprint.  

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

So you are saying there is a chance?   ;)

(Looking forward to your 'Game Day Essentials.'  :))

I can see the path to victory though it will involve some of Kansas beating themselves/not showing up. Their home record under Self indicates how unlikely this will be.

No illusions about winning, but I've got a feeling we're going to come out a lot more loose, with a nothing to lose attitude.  I feel like we'll hit some early outside shots.  Watching Kansas play they look to penetrate the lane and lob the alley oop quite a bit.  They also have four shooters over 40%.  Need to guard the three, and try and win those 50-50 balls. Look to see Jordy with some good minutes tomorrow.

I made the trip with a buddy in 2011 when the Skers played well, almost knocking of KU, ending their long home win streak.  We decided it would be a good idea to get a drink or 2 prior to the 2:00ish tip, which turned into 4 or 5 beers each for lunch.  I think we also packed a few shooters of some fire in our pockets as well.  Really classy, I know.  But, I'm hoping for a similar type of game today. KU came out flat that day, as did their fans.  It was quiet for literally the first 30 minutes of play.  The only noise was 2 drunk idiots and about 20 other husker fans scattered throughout the crowd, standing up at timeouts, pointing at each other like we all had a shared lottery ticket winner.  Then....... it came.  A KU run that was loud, fast....... and sobering.  But, it was an amazing experience.  Also, for as annoying as we probably were, the fans didn't say a word to us.  Which was kind...... or a backhanded slap, meaning they wouldn't waste their time on some "Nebrasketball fans".  Either way, I hope the boys/TM don't lose faith and enjoy the experience, and don't have their eyes too wide open today.  GBR!