Postgame observations

HuskerCager

All I can say is, Ubel is my hero!  He showed tremendous composure on what was at best a questionable call, then nails 2 free throws and a blocked shot in the last 15 seconds.  He didn’t pout or get upset.  He was incredibly focused and was a ROCK.

Oh  yeah, and Shavon was something really special today.  I hope Gallegos and Talley are ready to carry us next Tuesday, because Illinois going to be on Shields like flypaper after watching this week’s film.  Today was pretty remarkable.  That performance wasn’t just about Shavon stepping up.  It was about teammates and coaches recognizing his talent and making sure he got the ball.

Ubel is the glue of this team. Shavon coming out like this now gives teams 3 players to grind on instead of two, and that will probably make a positive difference from here on out. And if Shavon draws a crowd, it might be what can get Dylan or Ray uncorked now that teams can't just sit on those two.

All I can say is, Ubel is my hero!  He showed tremendous composure on what was at best a questionable call, then nails 2 free throws and a blocked shot in the last 15 seconds.  He didn’t pout or get upset.  He was incredibly focused and was a ROCK.

Oh  yeah, and Shavon was something really special today.  I hope Gallegos and Talley are ready to carry us next Tuesday, because Illinois going to be on Shields like flypaper after watching this week’s film.  Today was pretty remarkable.  That performance wasn’t just about Shavon stepping up.  It was about teammates and coaches recognizing his talent and making sure he got the ball.

Ubel = Stud

Shields = Baller

Ubel = Stud

Shields = Baller

Gallegos = Assassin

Ubel = Stud

Shields = Baller

Gallegos = Assassin

No doubt.  He is a dead-eye assassin 22% of the time!

Ubel = Stud

Shields = Baller

Gallegos = Assassin

No doubt.  He is a dead-eye assassin 22% of the time!

Noticed Ray got his first rest of Big 10 play in the first half, but still played 38 minutes.  I know he's inconsistent, but just think where we would be this year without him.

My kid said something to me during the post game on radio ( so I was distracted ) when they asked Shavon something about coach saying something to him or the team and Shavon said something like I can't say what he said or something like that ?  Is that vague enough :huh:    But anyway can someone fill in the blanks for me ?

He said it was between him and coach, and then laughed.

C'mon I hang on every word...I need a little more context as I didn't really hear the lead in question and circumstances.

Basically, he was saying Miles talked to him and motivated him, and from that conversation, he got the motivation he needed.  KP asked him what was said.  Then he said he couldn't repeat it and laughed.  

Is that audio online?  That's one thing I like about 1620, is they have all podcasts posted.

C'mon I hang on every word...I need a little more context as I didn't really hear the lead in question and circumstances.

They basically asked him what he has done differently the last few games to look very confident out there.  He said he had a talk with coach and it helped him play much better.  They asked him what coach said, and then he said the thing about it's between him and coach.

Basically, he was saying Miles talked to him and motivated him, and from that conversation, he got the motivation he needed.  KP asked him what was said.  Then he said he couldn't repeat it and laughed.  

Is that audio online?  That's one thing I like about 1620, is they have all podcasts posted.

Yeah they have archives of the games from the radio on huskers.com.  Not sure how soon they put it up but it is under the multimedia tab and then audio archives.  It should be the whole game from pregame to postgame.

Dylan Talley: invisible man......at least lately

Not sure I would call 39 minutes, 8 points, 4 boards, 6 assists, and 1 turnover invisible.

Thank you. 

Talley is pretty huge for us.  Even though his scoring has gone down, we've been depending on him in other ways.   As someone else mentioned, he's turned into a solid point guard for us.  

talley is good.  he shoots too much, but a lot of that is due to nobody else on the team being able to get open.  it's not a coincidence that talley's best games come when someone else is knocking down their shots.  based off his shooting percentage you'd think he's a selfish player, but he's more than willing to pass the ball to someone if they have a good look.  i wish we had him for another year, i think he'd be a hell of a PG on a talented team