Big Red welcome to Taylor Kissinger

Row6Seat10

The top-ranked high school recruit in the state of Nebraska, Taylor Kissinger signed her National Letter of Intent to join the Nebraska women’s basketball team for the 2017-18 season on the first day of the fall signing period today!

“Taylor is an incredible addition to our program, and we are very fortunate to have a player of her status on the national level within the borders of our own state,” Williams said. “She is a Nebraska native that has grown up understanding how special it is to be a Husker, and she is very motivated to shine in a Nebraska uniform. Taylor brings consistent perimeter scoring, a high basketball IQ, and the intangibles to fit the culture we are working to establish. Husker fans are going to be excited to watch this dynamic Nebraska native for years to come.”

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=29&SPID=25&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211284393&DB_OEM_ID=100

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

just hoping she isn't "injury prone"!!! ???

like bud grant once said, "durability is as important as ability". ?

in all seriousness, it should be interesting----especially if she picks up the college game quickly! take a little pressure off hannah next season.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Sunday morning "IF" ing.  If Taylor picks up the game quickly, if Nicea and Hannah make a nice frosh to soph jump, if Maddie keeps improving, if Jess keeps working hard, if Rachel is healthy, and, if the transfers can take the pressure off Hannah and help shore up the defense and turnover issues, we could have vastly improved team next year.  Call me optimistic, but I could see it happening.

Edited by 12dozen

28 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Sunday morning "IF" ing.  If Taylor picks up the game quickly, if Nicea and Hannah make a nice frosh to soph jump, if Maddie keeps improving, if Jess keeps working hard, if Rachel is healthy, and, if the transfers can take the pressure off Hannah and help shore up the defense and turnover issues, we could have vastly improved team next year.  Call me optimistic, but I could see it happening.

yup, got that right

4 hours ago, 12dozen said:

If Taylor is injury prone, if Hannah and Nicea have sophomore slumps, if Maddie keeps making dumb mistakes, if Jess comes back from knee surgery overweight and out of shape like her last surgery, if we have no post backup, if Burns never recovers, if our transfer don't plan out.  That's a lot of its, but then you did too.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.  A 500 record next year is about the ceiling for this team.

4 hours ago, 12dozen said:

There are a lot if's in what you speak of.B)

1 hour ago, Fastbreaker said:

If Taylor is injury prone, if Hannah and Nicea have sophomore slumps, if Maddie keeps making dumb mistakes, if Jess comes back from knee surgery overweight and out of shape like her last surgery, if we have no post backup, if Burns never recovers, if our transfer don't plan out.  That's a lot of its, but then you did too.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.  A 500 record next year is about the ceiling for this team.

I'd be happy with a 500 record next year.  Not "giddy" by any means, but OK.  :)

6 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

Just optimist I guess about next year. Will still be in the lower half of the league maybe, but we'll be more experienced. Will win a few close ones we lost this year. Continue to think Burns is the key.

• 4 months later...

Omaha World Hearld this morning on All State game / Kissinger sets record....

"Kissinger set NCA all-star game records with 26 points and 18 rebounds"

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/basketball/husker-recruit-taylor-kissinger-of-minden-leads-blue-team-in/article_4d74071c-70d5-11e7-b0e5-f7b2c789ebfd.html

Edited by redsteve

Thanks Guys!  Looks like there are a number of fine players on both teams.  Who are Alex Barada (Lnk-SW), the second highest scorer with 17, and Megan Anderson (Oma-Marian) the third highest with 12 pts?   Several players are in the 10 point range.