Chadron St Vs. Nebraska Exh. Game Thread + Post Game

Bugeaters1

7 hours ago, Red Don said:

I had forgotten what a great arena PBA is!   (Even just looking at it on TV)

BTW, I thought the Student Announcers (Michael Snow & Parker ??? missed his last name)  both did a GREAT Job on BTN Plus tonight.  :)   Some of the best student announcing I've seen (short of that Shively kid! ;))

It's obvious they did their homework well, knew all the players, and explained the action well (look out Kent :ph34r:

Great comment.  I was pleasantly surprised by how good the students did.  They sounded like a real announcing crew.

Edited by OurDecay

38 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that the only highlights I could really find post-game were all of Roby?

Ha!  Good point.

Isaiah Roby's play last night is definitely a surprise.  He's the new-kid-on-the-block, the shiny-new-toy, the I-found-a-stash-of-cash-in-the-attic, the didn't-know-we-had-such-a-thing, kind of player.  Early parts of the game brought some, "Whaaaat?!," reactions to Roby's play.  

Miles has been telling us Roby is really good, even talking about NBA-type quality--but that's just coach-speak.  

And the recruiting rating services didn't seem to think he's quite this good--he kept moving up a little but never approached an elite status.  And he played in the Chicago area (though in a small school), where he had exposure to lots of basketball-type people.

His high-level play last night is a surprise to most of us fans . . . and a most-pleasant one at that! 

Edited by Swan88

1 minute ago, atskooc said:

Probably because he's one of the guys the staff really needs a good look at in gametime situations.

Yup, we were experimenting in this game and we'll do so vs Sacramento St and St Mary's.

Louisiana Tech is go time as they're a C-USA team that has 4 straight seasons of 20+ wins and should give us a sense of how ready we are to play in that Thanksgiving tourney.

My main takeaway from last nights game was #34 for Chadron State had his shorts on backwards. We talked to one of the assists, apparently he always does. 

I'll reserve my thoughts on the team until at least the end of next week. But I can really see myself liking this team. Laypersons, laypeople, whatever a fancy word for casual fans is, might not see it until next year but the potential is there to be a really solid group.

(I guess I'm not reserving my thoughts afterall)  

Shrug Emoticons

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

Ha!  Good point.

Isaiah Roby's play last night is definitely a surprise.  He's the new-kid-on-the-block, the shiny-new-toy, the I-found-a-stash-of-cash-in-the-attic, the didn't-know-we-had-such-a-thing, kind of player.  Early parts of the game brought some, "Whaaaat?!," reactions to Roby's play.  

Miles has been telling us Roby is really good, even talking about NBA-type quality--but that's just coach-speak.  

And the recruiting rating services didn't seem to think he's quite this good--he kept moving up a little but never approached an elite status.  And he played in the Chicago area (though in a small school), where he had exposure to lots of basketball-type people.

His high-level play last night is a surprise to most of us fans . . . and a most-pleasant one at that! 

I'm quite certain you just set a record for most hyphens in a post on this board.

Worth an up arrow, for sure!

Wow.... Now that's saying a lot: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/led-by-roby-huskers-show-flash-in-exhibition-win/article_c56f1171-bae6-5f5d-8a57-b05b49e82ca0.html

"Roby is a kid, I haven't had a freshman like him here for sure, and probably not at Colorado State either," Nebraska coach Tim Miles said. "He's a next-level kind of kid, I think. He just needs to get the right habits and get in the swing of things."

20 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I thought Brennon Clemmons had had a triple double in 2002-03. Just went back & checked, BC had 12 pts, 10 reb & 8 ast vs Baylor. Close but not quite...

I want to say someone had one in an exhibition game.  I just can't remember who it was.