Jump to content
MandRHusker

Secret Scrimmage with ISU

Recommended Posts

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/updated-insider-iowa-state-beat-nebraska-by-9-today-details-here.223073/

 

Quote

--- Took place in Ames. Iowa State won by 9. The Cyclones scored in the high 90’s. Important to remember these are not standard 40 minute games. Lots of starting, stopping, extra time, etc.

--- Overall, it was a great match-up for a scrimmage due to Nebraska’s contrasting style of play. Was good for Iowa State to go up against a slow it down, physical style of team. Sounds like it was especially beneficial for the 5th year posts, Holden and Bowie to get a taste of what it’s like to go up against other high-major bodies.

--- Naz and Matt both hit a bunch of threes.

--- “Monte was Monte,” a source said.

--- Deonte Burton played really hard. The staff is still working with him to rebound more. They believe that he will. They continue to be blown away by his effort.

--- Back to the 5th years … Sounds like the belief is we will see the most game one to March.
Staff is expecting more improvement from these guys than anyone else on the team. Staff thinks they will both be very solid.

--- Jackson and Babb didn’t light up the stat sheets but both did tangible things very well. Ceiling is high for both of them.

--- I asked about Solomon Young: He’s all over the place and making mistakes but not because of a lack of effort or intelligence. Just needs reps. They really like him.

--- “We can still score. We still need to defend,” said a source.”

--- Overall feeling is that they did enough good stuff to feel positive about the experience but still know they have plenty to work on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a minute...the "take" that is somewhat confusing is:   Overall, it was a great match-up for a scrimmage due to Nebraska’s contrasting style of play. Was good for Iowa State to go up against a slow it down, physical style of team.

 

What I have been reading is that we are ramping it up this year.  Tempo will be increased, yada, yada.  Makes me kind of go hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Not much of a 'secret' to the "scrimmage" if people spill it afterwards.

 

Pretty sure new rules allow coaches/teams to share information about the scrimmage after it is done. Didn't Huskers actually post an article about the scrimmage last year with select statistics and everything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NUdiehard said:

 

Pretty sure new rules allow coaches/teams to share information about the scrimmage after it is done. Didn't Huskers actually post an article about the scrimmage last year with select statistics and everything?

 

Yeah, it's my poor attempt at humor of a 'secret' that isn't really a secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Wait a minute...the "take" that is somewhat confusing is:   Overall, it was a great match-up for a scrimmage due to Nebraska’s contrasting style of play. Was good for Iowa State to go up against a slow it down, physical style of team.

 

What I have been reading is that we are ramping it up this year.  Tempo will be increased, yada, yada.  Makes me kind of go hmm.

 

ISU was one of the fastest teams in the nation under Hoiberg and still was the #1 tempo team in the Big 12 last year under Prohm. Even if we are speeding it up this year, we're not speeding it up that much; we're going to be slower than them.  Nice to hear we're more physical though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

 

ISU was one of the fastest teams in the nation under Hoiberg and still was the #1 tempo team in the Big 12 last year under Prohm. Even if we are speeding it up this year, we're not speeding it up that much; we're going to be slower than them.  Nice to hear we're more physical though.

True.  Of course, any Big Ten school would be more physical than ISU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

 

 

I don't know if you can take much from these scrimmages good or bad but good to hear we were in the lead the majority of the scrimmage.  Sounds like Tai and Glynn played pretty well.  If we can get some production out of the post I think those two will put up some good numbers this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×