Petty critiques of new HHC: The official feedback thread

jimmykc

i like the new look and ease of embedding. However I thought it might be useful to have one location for all of the whines/bitches/questions which will come up and dimes can answer them here. I'll start with a few: 1. The round avatars look like they should be worn on little clasps around our necks. 2. When will this year's schedule be prominently displayed? 3.Will some pictures eventually find their way to the top of the page? I might suggest the "retired jerseys" especially when Lue joins them

1. I could be biased because I already have a rounded avatar but I enjoy the rounded. I guess we'll see what other feedback I get on that.

2. Having a schedule is independent of the site redesign..hopefully I will remember to allocate time for this before the season starts

3. I think I'm going to get away from the old script Husker Hoops Central logo. It's unwieldy for me to properly maintain and I don't have the original art anyway. I'm not completely opposed to having a graphic something of that nature but a valid complaint I've received has been the size of the logo taking up too much real estate so the number 1 goal is to minimize the height as much as possible.

I'm not terribly high on the round avatar, but it's not something I can't get used to.

I like that the name over the avatar is bigger...makes it easier on the eyes.

I kind of dig that the reputation points are on display all the time.  I think that's a cool twist.

Though I'm not terribly happy with the lack of space between "Location" and what we've given as our location.  "LocationSoutheast" doesn't look good as one word.

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

i like the new look and ease of embedding. However I thought it might be useful to have one location for all of the whines/bitches/questions which will come up and dimes can answer them here. I'll start with a few: 1. The round avatars look like they should be worn on little clasps around our necks. 2. When will this year's schedule be prominently displayed? 3.Will some pictures eventually find their way to the top of the page? I might suggest the "retired jerseys" especially when Lue joins them

haha how about a separate Andrew White section that people can post on and the rest of us can ignore.

Love the new layout btw

5 hours ago, 49r said:

no mp3 player yet... ;)

Our first note of bad news @49r.  I thought I had this figured in terms of auto-embed, but now I do not.

Thus, for now (or maybe forever!) you'll need to use the new audio button in the toolbar.  It's an extra click and it doesn't fix old mp3s, but it will do the job.

5a9c6c65e0.png

2 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Our first note of bad news @49r.  I thought I had this figured in terms of auto-embed, but now I do not.

Thus, for now (or maybe forever!) you'll need to use the new audio button in the toolbar.  It's an extra click and it doesn't fix old mp3s, but it will do the job.

5a9c6c65e0.png

Ah hah, I see now.  Okay that's not a big deal.  I'll trade auto-imbed of other media types for this.

On 10/21/2016 at 5:13 PM, HuskerFever said:

Not that it matters, but @hhcdimes, you've gotta earn that "Mr. 10,000" title back! Any reason why our counts took a hit?

When we carried over from the old forum people wanted their posts added on so I did that. However, the shift over here has recounted the actual posts on this forum.
At some point I will re-add,

• hhcmatt changed the title to Petty critiques of new HHC: The official feedback thread
  • hhcmatt pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

When I open up a topic the page wants to scroll to the top......but this only happens when I'm in a topic.  Anybody else having this issue?

Not sure exactly what you mean here.  If you're looking at unread topics you need to click on the red dot (or star if you have posted there) instead of the topic link to go to the most recent unread post(s)

adf1106a95.png

Mine seems to like to keep scrolling on thread that has a link to a twitter post. Its only 4 pm on a Monday so I'm pretty sure I'm not drunk yet.

Like it keeps expanding the post with the link in it. A little hard to explain because I'm getting dizzy trying to read moving text.

Edited by Red Rum

15 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Mine seems to like to keep scrolling on thread that has a link to a twitter post. Its only 4 pm on a Monday so I'm pretty sure I'm not drunk yet.

Like it keeps expanding the post with the link in it. A little hard to explain because I'm getting dizzy trying to read moving text.

This....Sorry Dimes, I'm not very computer savvy.  If I'm in a topic...whether I read it or not already...... the page keeps moving to the top.  The scrollbar will not stay steady

EDIT- It may have something to do with post with tweets in them? It's not doing it in this topic but if I go to a topic with tweets attached the scrollbar wants to go to the top of the page. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13