Experimental replay review allowed in B1G & MAC (on block/charge)

AuroranHusker

I suppose how much it interferes with the game flow depends on how it is implemented. Does a coach throw a red flag? Do the number of boos from the crowd cause a replay? Do the refs have to decide among themselves that they have no clue as to the right call? Is there a fourth official who stops play if he feels it is a crappy call? Does there have to be "indisputable" evidence? Is it automatic with every block/charge play? So many questions.

I suppose how much it interferes with the game flow depends on how it is implemented. Does a coach throw a red flag? Do the number of boos from the crowd cause a replay? Do the refs have to decide among themselves that they have no clue as to the right call? Is there a fourth official who stops play if he feels it is a crappy call? Does there have to be "indisputable" evidence? Is it automatic with every block/charge play? So many questions.

Yes.

I believe the only part that they can review is whether or not the defender is in the restricted area, so the "judgment call" as to timing, legal guarding position, etc. will still be there.  It will certainly add a little time, but I think some people are under the impression that all block/charges are going to get looked at, which isn't the case.