Which Sophomore has a "Breakout" year?

Handy Johnson

I think it will be MJ. Watson will have a great year and will be one of our leading scorers. But I already expect this to happen. So, in the definition of a "break out year" I choose MJ. Some would say he broke out last year by playing extensively, but let's face it, he played because of dire need not because he was ready. This year he is ready. He has reshaped his body and will play the position where he is most comfortable. I expect 12 and 6 production from MJ this year plus solid defense.

There is not one person from the sophomore class i do not like.

-Watson will be a good scorer and facilitator. He will also provide great PG play which is essential. I think he will be a lead by example type player.

-Jacobson will play his natural position but this time with a body that could also play the 5 well. There is a chance he could be a monster. I think he will be a more vocal leader of the team.

- Morrow will be a beast now that he is healthy. I think he will be the "enforcer" of the team who plays with a lot of attitude. My vote for most likely to get into scrums and confrontations with the opponents. It's always good to have a little attitude on the team.

- McVeigh will be solid from 3 and with a full off season I think he will be a solid rebounder (he was really good overseas and in HS plus he has a 7+ ft wing span). Also has a really high basketball IQ.

Is it tip off yet???

MJ.  He reminds me so much of Ubel.  You just see him get better and better each year.  Hard worker, good teammate, loves the dirty work. 

I also think overall our sophomore class is very solid.  Morrow may increase the most in stats due to his limited minutes last year with his bad feet. 

I'd say either Jack or Ed. They were the ones that underperformed more than Glenn and MJ. I feel Ed and Jack have higher ceilings at this point, then MJ and then Glenn. But I'm ok being wrong if Glenn wants to just go off.

If Watson does have a breakout year, will you start to spell his name correctly?

;)

I'd say either Jack or Ed. They were the ones that underperformed more than Glenn and MJ. I feel Ed and Jack have higher ceilings at this point, then MJ and then Glenn. But I'm ok being wrong if Glenn wants to just go off.

If Watson does have a breakout year, will you start to spell his name correctly?

;)

I'll consider it. B)

There is not one person from the sophomore class i do not like.

-Watson will be a good scorer and facilitator. He will also provide great PG play which is essential. I think he will be a lead by example type player.

-Jacobson will play his natural position but this time with a body that could also play the 5 well. There is a chance he could be a monster. I think he will be a more vocal leader of the team.

- Morrow will be a beast now that he is healthy. I think he will be the "enforcer" of the team who plays with a lot of attitude. My vote for most likely to get into scrums and confrontations with the opponents. It's always good to have a little attitude on the team.

- McVeigh will be solid from 3 and with a full off season I think he will be a solid rebounder (he was really good overseas and in HS plus he has a 7+ ft wing span). Also has a really high basketball IQ.

Is it tip off yet???

I heard a rumor that one member of this group has been having some hamstring issues.  If true, I hope that issue soon resolves.

I think it's safe to say that Nebraska is only going to be as good as it's Sophomore class, they're going to have to carry the water. I believe the all have HUGE upsides and after a year of B1G ball they won't come in all wide eyed. Anything we can get from the frosh will be gravy and as long as Tai plays within himself ( No Curry imitations) we'll be fine. GBR!