Peter Jok, Iowa
Melo Trimble, Maryland
Derrick Walton Jr., Michigan
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
NIGEL HAYES, Wisconsin
Bronson Koenig, Wisconsin

Unanimous selections in ALL CAPS

http://btn.com/2016/10/11/nigel-hayes-badgers-highlight-2016-17-preseason-all-big-ten-team/

Coming up live in less than 10 minutes

Miles got asked what...two questions? WTF

Actually 3; two from the same reporter, but your point is still valid.  One on lack of veterans, one on the sophomore class and how they are different from a year ago, and one on whether he talked to Thibs prior to the pro exhibition at PBA yesterday (the Nuggets coach spoke to the team, Miles wasn't able to talk to Thibs).  

I have no idea what to expect from this years team.  I will say, from everything you read, see, the guys seem to really bond well together.  That alone can go a long ways in a successful year.  We definitely lack that experience, but at the same time, in this day in age, a LOT of team tend to be young due to transfers, early departures to play pro ball of some kind. 

My hope is this team plays with a huge chip on their shoulder.  Nobody is talking about them, nobody thinks they will be any good.  I think athletically NU is better than we have been for several years.  My one worry this year is how we will score.  I think NU has the chance to be much better defensively this year.  Especially with a big man in the middle to hold down the paint.  Add in the weight gain by Jacobson and Morrow and I think we should be a much improved defensive team. 

I LOVE Watson.  Think he will be a stud when all is said and done.  Ice in his veins type kid.  Fearless.  Tai will be good for us this year.  He showed great improvement last year.  Gill is an unknown simply because you never know what you will get from a transfer.  If he can fit in the way Pitch, TP and White did, he will do great.  McVeigh I am hoping is that guy that can open up driving lanes with his shooting.  He's also a very "smart IQ" guy. 

The freshman look good on paper, but until we see them play we don't know.  I think Roby physically has a chance to do very well this year.  Just hope he stays healthy.

I'm excited for this year.  I like that nobody thinks we will be any good.  Takes pressure off the young guys and makes them hungry to prove people wrong.  I think it will be a very interesting year.  Being young, I'm sure we will look great on some nights and not so great on other nights.  But I see this team getting better and better as the year goes on and I think they will fight like hell for one another. 

I think we lack experience solely in that we're loaded with sophomores. But they did play an awful lot of basketball last year. And that's the core of this team is the sophomores. I can see why people are having a hard time seeing where Nebrasketball is going to get scoring because we're so used to seeing 1-2 guys get all the points. I don't think we'll see a lot of hero ball this year. The best thing they can do is to buy into that ball movement and driving and dishing are going to be the main ways they're going to put the ball in the hoop. And that kind of excites me. Not knowing who's going to get hot (hopefully someone does each game.)

At least that's what I hope is the case. I could be wrong. It's been know to happen from time to time.

Good quote from Greg Gard:

Pffftt...pure coach speak. 

Any coach would say that about the league he's coaching in at the time. 

The Big 12, ACC, Big East...any coach in those leagues could have said the exact same thing. 

The Big 12, ACC, Big East...any coach in those leagues could have said the exact same thing. 

Agreed.  This quote comes straight out of the coach speak handbook.  Verbatim.

It's still a good quote, IMHO. Not very many athletic conferences in America have what the B1G has.

It's still a good quote, IMHO. Not very many athletic conferences in America have what the B1G has.

Aside from the four others that make up the power five? 

Aside from the four others that make up the power five? 

Okay, so the word choice of 'unique' seems to be the issue. I guess I don't see how that deflates the comment entirely. The B1G has all of the elements to be great. It's a celebratory comment on Opening Day, if you will. Why not act like you have it "best" when everyone is undefeated?