clear bag policy

Row6Seat10

Times are changing. Maryland has introduced a clear bag policy for all fans who enter football games and all men's and women's basketball games. What are the odds Nebraska adopts this policy in the future?

I don't think it would bother me, but I've seen some fans bring in so much stuff you wonder how they even got it in their car.

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211101491

VHKAUUAMGMGHORA.20160804144644.jpg

My elderly mother, who doesn't get to Lincoln much at all, had sharp words for a PBA employee asking to look into her purse when we attended LPS graduation ceremonies this past May.  "Nobody is going to tell me what I can and cannot have in my purse!" as she tried to maneuver past the employee using her cane.  Fearful that she may hit the employee with her cane, I calmly said "Mom, please open the top of your purse and everything will be fine."  But I heard about it for a good 2 hours after that.  LOL

My elderly mother, who doesn't get to Lincoln much at all, had sharp words for a PBA employee asking to look into her purse when we attended LPS graduation ceremonies this past May.  "Nobody is going to tell me what I can and cannot have in my purse!" as she tried to maneuver past the employee using her cane.  Fearful that she may hit the employee with her cane, I calmly said "Mom, please open the top of your purse and everything will be fine."  But I heard about it for a good 2 hours after that.  LOL

Yep, older generations grew up and actually experienced personal freedom. Govt. didn't invade your personal life. Saw a census bureau form recently and was shocked by some of the questions.....just when taking a census to see how many people lived in your house.. Freedoms are shrinking away, being taken away in lots of different ways. But that's a whole other story.

There may well be legitimate reasons for clear bags because of terrorism, and we have to make adjustments.

Pinnacle Bank Arena had metal detectors there last night for the NBA preseason game. And apparently will keep using them this winter...