Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AuroranHusker

2017-18 Husker opponents

135 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Oooh, you're good.

Nice thing about it is that we get two very winnable games... 1 on the road and 1 at home... against teams not from a conference that is a 1 bid league.  Could be a real confidence booster for us.

x-posted in the ACC/B1G challenge thread:

Final KenPom rankings for BC (and Nebraska) since 2011:

2011 - #67 (#64)

2012 - #262 (#152)

2013 - #107 (#136)

2014 - #142 (#56)

2015 - #110 (#121)

2016 - #226 (#85)

2017 - #173 (#107)

Final KenPom rankings for St. John's (and Nebraska) since 2011:

2011 - #41 (#64)

2012 - #157 (#152)

2013 - #101 (#136)

2014 - #53 (#56)

2015 - #50 (#121)

2016 - #211 (#85)

2017 - #99 (#107)

My son was umping U-14 boys game the other night, and he had some call that was not a typical call so he made it and when then coaches got done screaming about it, (because you know U-14 on a Tuesday night in Lincoln Nebraska is the most important thing in the world). So... any way he goes back behind the plate and the catcher says " That was a bold strategy, Blue"

Son said they both laughed and he could tell that this kid got it, that it was just a game, and that the right call was made on a weird play.:P

26 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

My son was umping U-14 boys game the other night, and he had some call that was not a typical call so he made it and when then coaches got done screaming about it, (because you know U-14 on a Tuesday night in Lincoln Nebraska is the most important thing in the world). So... any way he goes back behind the plate and the catcher says " That was a bold strategy, Blue"

Son said they both laughed and he could tell that this kid got it, that it was just a game, and that the right call was made on a weird play.:P

I wonder if I have met your son...not the other night mind you.  But I coached select baseball many a year and if he umped at that level, I probably met him.  By the way, there are a lot of very good umpires in this city.  When you travel about, you learn to appreciate what you have.  (Of course there are a couple bad ones, like the one who attempted to umpire the bases on Sunday when he was visibly coming down from a high the evening before)...but hey, life is perfect, right :)

He doesn't do select yet, but might some day/  After college next year I am trying to talk him into doing High School, or so.  He does a good job, biggest deal is he is very calm (like his mom) and lets the guy have his say.  But if goes over the top he tells them to go watch this game from the car.

Edited by Silverbacked1