2017-18 Husker opponents

1 hour ago, bball23 said:

Texas Tech up on Northwestern at the moment by 27 points.  NW hasn't looked great out of the gates to start the season.

Texas Tech is actually a very solid team this year, but the score is surprising.

No...no they haven't.  Not at all.

Fri Nov 10 18 266 Loyola MD W, 79-75 80   Home 1-0    
Mon Nov 13 29 196 Saint Peter's W, 75-66 65   Home 2-0    
Wed Nov 15 33 38 Creighton L, 92-88 76   Home 2-1   b.gif
Sat Nov 18 36 133 La Salle W, 82-74 66   Neutral 3-1  

Add a 36 point beatdown against Texas Tech to that list.  Hopefully the Wildcats haven't hit rock bottom just quite yet...

8 minutes ago, 49r said:

No...no they haven't.  Not at all.

Fri Nov 10 18 266 Loyola MD W, 79-75 80   Home 1-0    
Mon Nov 13 29 196 Saint Peter's W, 75-66 65   Home 2-0    
Wed Nov 15 33 38 Creighton L, 92-88 76   Home 2-1   b.gif

Add a 36 point beatdown against Texas Tech to that list.  Hopefully the Wildcats haven't hit rock bottom just quite yet...

Still early, but interesting to see the hunter become the hunted.

Updated with the Tech score:

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Fri Nov 10 18 267 Loyola MD W, 79-75 80   Home 1-0    
Mon Nov 13 29 200 Saint Peter's W, 75-66 65   Home 2-0    
Wed Nov 15 33 39 Creighton L, 92-88 76   Home 2-1   b.gif
Sun Nov 19 36 17 Texas Tech L, 85-49 67   Neutral 3-2   a.gif

After just over one week of the season Northwestern has fallen from 18th to 50th.  Tech skyrockets up to 17th.

Iowa State is giving Boise the business right now.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

If there are two completely fraudulent top 25 teams early on in the season, they are Northwestern and UCLA.

UCLA needed overtime AT HOME to beat KenPom #290 Central Arkansas.  A team Baylor beat by 40!

I know UCLA is without 3 players. However, I have no idea to what extent those players roles are.

Creighton is legit. Just scored 100 points again. Back to back wins vs top25 opponents (One of those on the road and the other a neutral site game). I would honestly be very surprised if Creighton didn't make the Sweet16 this season. It's scary to think how dominant they would be this season, if Patton wouldn't have left early.

19 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Creighton is legit. Just scored 100 points again. Back to back wins vs top25 opponents (One of those on the road and the other a neutral site game). I would honestly be very surprised if Creighton didn't make the Sweet16 this season. It's scary to think how dominant they would be this season, if Patton wouldn't have left early.

Very well could play 4 ranked teams in back to back to back to back games in December.  I don't know that that has ever happened before...

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

Iowa losses to South Dakota St 80-72...a day after they lose to Lafayette.  Don't mind seeing Iowa lose...but not good for Big Ten RPI. 

You beat me to it.  Dang it!

One interesting note was that Iowa lost and Daum only had 10 points.  After two convincing wins to start the season, Iowa has since struggled with a Grambling State squad is is reverse undefeated and then lost to Lafayette and SDSU.  Yikes.

In other news, our two exhibition teams are starting to come around.  Miss St is undefeated and Iowa State has rattled off multiple wins in a row.

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

ET will need to shut down Tony Carr.  That guy scores in bunches.

Penn State looking a little tired as we near the end against A&M.

This game was much closer than the score will indicate in the end. Penn State had a realistic chance with 3 minutes to go. 

I do think ET will need to shut down Carr, but needing to shut down one top player isn't what worries me about them. Their pressure at the end was giving TAMU all sorts of problems, and lately that's what Nebraska has seemed to struggle with. 

21 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

This game was much closer than the score will indicate in the end. Penn State had a realistic chance with 3 minutes to go. 

I do think ET will need to shut down Carr, but needing to shut down one top player isn't what worries me about them. Their pressure at the end was giving TAMU all sorts of problems, and lately that's what Nebraska has seemed to struggle with. 

I actually think that a lineup of Glynn, Palmer, ET, Issac, and Roby would be good to break a press if we ever encountered that situation.

I think we have pieces to pick apart a press this year.  However, in years past, this has been something that we really struggled with.