2017-18 Husker opponents

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

Funny stuff! But that tweet also says a lot about the mentality Fran has instilled in that team.

Sure they got jobbed on a few calls. They were on the road in the league. Everyone gets jobbed on a few calls on the road. Have to play thru it, rather than whining about it on Twitter after you lose by 20.

I thought Cowan just played against him really tough, and didn't really notice anything out of line. But it's good to know a guard being physical with him gets in his head. Every other team in the league now will have that at the top of the scout, if they didn't already.

I, personally, thought Bohannon was trying to be humorous. Who knows....

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Agree - but there's almost always a hint of something else behind it. 

Compare that to Gill's... "I'm not into moral victories because those don't get you into the dance."  We could have very easily said "well the refs at Purdue... yada yada, but we didn't."

Our team is hungry and they want it.  I can see it.  That's a good thing.

Every team in the B1G should copy Rutgers' defensive game plan vs Sparty. MSU has 101 points in 70+ minutes vs RU this season.

39-39 tie with less than 10 minutes to play in E Lansing, if you can believe that. Bridges has ZERO points tonight, if you can believe that too.

Edited by throwback

10 minutes ago, throwback said:

Every team in the B1G should copy Rutgers' defensive game plan vs Sparty. MSU has 101 points in 70+ minutes vs RU this season.

39-39 tie with less than 10 minutes to play in E Lansing, if you can believe that. Bridges has ZERO points tonight, if you can believe that too.

I have this one on now.  Michigan State is playing terrible.  Rutgers isn't bad, but they can get going a bit too fast sometimes.  Remind me a lot of St. Johns with a little less talent.

Just now, nuhusker7 said:

Do we want Rutgers or MSU to win? 

I probably shouldn't look at every game for the rest of the year in terms of who I want to win based on the very minuscule chance it gives Nebraska a better chance to make the tournament, but I do.

We don't play MSU again, so a Rutgers win would give them a nice bump for when we beat them twice.

Just now, 49r said:

Rutgers is the most schizo team in the country I think.  Lose to Stony Brook, but beat Seton Hall, and now take MSU to overtime on the road.  Fun game to watch!

Beat Seton Hall, then proceeded to lose three straight to Stony Brook, Hartford, and Purdue.  Then take MSU to OT.

Their schedule is really front loaded.  Have MSU twice, Minny, and Purdue in their first 5 conference games.

50 minutes ago, WestOHusker said:

Sad day. RIP Laughing at Rutgers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, we beat MSU at Breslin in 2016 and still only finished 6-12 in the B1G and Nebrasketball is still the butt of many jokes.  Don't read too much into one game.

Edited by 49r