2011 - #41 (#64)

2012 - #157 (#152)

2013 - #101 (#136)

2014 - #53 (#56)

2015 - #50 (#121)

2016 - #211 (#85)

2017 - #99 (#107)

• 3 weeks later...

My son was umping U-14 boys game the other night, and he had some call that was not a typical call so he made it and when then coaches got done screaming about it, (because you know U-14 on a Tuesday night in Lincoln Nebraska is the most important thing in the world). So... any way he goes back behind the plate and the catcher says " That was a bold strategy, Blue"

Son said they both laughed and he could tell that this kid got it, that it was just a game, and that the right call was made on a weird play.:P

26 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

My son was umping U-14 boys game the other night, and he had some call that was not a typical call so he made it and when then coaches got done screaming about it, (because you know U-14 on a Tuesday night in Lincoln Nebraska is the most important thing in the world). So... any way he goes back behind the plate and the catcher says " That was a bold strategy, Blue"

Son said they both laughed and he could tell that this kid got it, that it was just a game, and that the right call was made on a weird play.:P

I wonder if I have met your son...not the other night mind you.  But I coached select baseball many a year and if he umped at that level, I probably met him.  By the way, there are a lot of very good umpires in this city.  When you travel about, you learn to appreciate what you have.  (Of course there are a couple bad ones, like the one who attempted to umpire the bases on Sunday when he was visibly coming down from a high the evening before)...but hey, life is perfect, right :)

He doesn't do select yet, but might some day/  After college next year I am trying to talk him into doing High School, or so.  He does a good job, biggest deal is he is very calm (like his mom) and lets the guy have his say.  But if goes over the top he tells them to go watch this game from the car.

Edited by Silverbacked1

Gotta think the full sked will drop soon.

Also, this is an interesting nugget, especially with the concerns about the Big Ten moving up the conference tournament by a week.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/07/07/schedule-early-season-opening-change

Last week, the Division I Council introduced a seemingly minor rule change: College basketball games could start three days earlier than they currently do in coming seasons.

also this:

The tweaked schedule would also include a provision that basketball players get a three-day break from sports over the school’s winter break; it’s hardly shocking that, according to an NCAA survey, the majority of players are in favor of it. That mini-vacation is a nice perk, and using athlete well-being as a justification for the schedule change is perfectly acceptable.

34 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Gotta think the full sked will drop soon.

Also, this is an interesting nugget, especially with the concerns about the Big Ten moving up the conference tournament by a week.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/07/07/schedule-early-season-opening-change

also this:

That'd be fine if players who transferred at semester could become eligible during finals week instead of graduation.

Since we play the 3 game tourney in Orlando, we can play 30 games.

We have 18 conference games which leaves 12 non-conf

Thus far we know 7 of those

1. St John's

2. Advocare Tourney

3. Advocare Tourney

4. Advocare Tourney

5. Boston College

6. Creighton

7. Kansas

We're looking at 4-5 more cupcakes. 

I was able to fit 4 pretty easily, as shown by the question marks.

No games during Finals, also I doubt we will try and schedule one Christmas Eve or Day

We could look at a game on Nov 10th or so, one on the 18th or so, or one after the B1G tournament against a Summit or MVC team.

All of the remaining non-conf games will be home as we only have 2 on the docket so far.

EXCEL_2017-07-11_15-22-28.png

Dimes, you only needed to look at the original post for the B1G stuff; I had that there will be the 1st two B1G games in early Dec. :D

Appreciate your inclusion of a calendar that includes speculation on dates for many of those remaining non-conference home games. ?

Edited by AuroranHusker

35 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Dimes, you only needed to look at the original post for the B1G stuff; I had that there will be the 1st two B1G games in early Dec. :D

I didn't miss that. I missed that there wouldn't be games the last week of December.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:25 PM, nustudent said:

Other departures:

Ahmad Gilbert, Minnesota

Andrew Dakich, Michigan

Mark Donnal, Michigan

In what could only be considered the most B1G move ever, Andrew Dakich will transfer to OSU: