2017-18 Husker opponents

Just now, hhcdimes said:

Assuming we don't win the B1G tournament we will have an open week before Selection Sunday with one of 4 possibilities 

• Lock for the NCAA tournament
  • On the bubble for NCAA tournament/Lock for the NIT
  • On the bubble for the NIT
  • No chance of playing in post season

During which of these scenarios would we want another game to occur, where would we want it played, and what type of opponent would we want (Can't play any Power 5 schools except for in-conference). 

Didn't realize that the conference tourney got bumped up a week.   Either way....I don't like it.   Schedule it early.  More returns, less risk.   Less unknown

Apparently the game against KU will be something called the "Shelter Insurance Showcase".  Huh.

Kansas makes a return trip to former conference foe Nebraska on Dec. 16 in the Shelter Insurance Showcase. Nebraska used to play its games in the Bob Devaney Center but now calls Pinnacle Bank Arena home. The venue will be a first for KU and its first trip to Lincoln since Feb. 5, 2011.

Edited by 49r

Just now, hhcdimes said:

The Kansas game falls on the same day as our semester ending undergraduate ceremonies so we're looking at a night game.

I think Copeland would be eligible that day if his waiver wasn't granted.

That'd be a hell of a story wouldn't it?  But we're not going to have to worry about that............ I hope.:unsure:

One thing that we haven't talked about though is the Kansas game is going to be the first game after finals.  Traditionally, that's the slot reserved for the Gardner-Webb/Samford meltdown.  (Incarnate Word was the weekend before finals)

Do we avoid the sub-200 RPI terrible loss this year by just going ahead and putting Kansas in that slot instead???

1 hour ago, 49r said:

One thing that we haven't talked about though is the Kansas game is going to be the first game after finals.  Traditionally, that's the slot reserved for the Gardner-Webb/Samford meltdown.  (Incarnate Word was the weekend before finals)

Do we avoid the sub-200 RPI terrible loss this year by just going ahead and putting Kansas in that slot instead???

Nah, that games typically on the Sunday when I have my big neighborhood Christmas Party. I'll be at the KU game, so we're good.

22 hours ago, 49r said:

Well we won't be losing to a sub 200 RPI team at least. maybe...<_<

If they try to match up comparable teams with NU, those would be a rematch with Clemson, Wake, Pitt, Georgia Tech or NC State. Problem is, Only Clemson hosted last year. I think there was something about resetting the thing, so perhaps that opens up some of those opponents. With a road game for the Gavvit Games, you'd really hope this is a home game. If they reset and match up similar teams, I'd love to see NC State, Pitt or Georgia Tech. I could see it end up being Virginia Tech, too. I'll be really disappointed if this ends up being a road game, though.

Edited by uneblinstu

17 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

If they try to match up comparable teams with NU, those would be a rematch with Clemson, Wake, Pitt, Georgia Tech or NC State. Problem is, Only Clemson hosted last year. I think there was something about resetting the thing, so perhaps that opens up some of those opponents. With a road game for the Gavvit Games, you'd really hope this is a home game. If they reset and match up similar teams, I'd love to see NC State, Pitt or Georgia Tech. I could see it end up being Virginia Tech, too. I'll be really disappointed if this ends up being a road game, though.

Would they consider dropping NC State or Pitt out though in favor of BC?

But yeah, Clemson seems like a pretty logical choice...dammit.

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I *think* the team that finishes last in the ACC is left out. I could be wrong about that.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing...whether there was a hard and fast rule on who participates or not.  I was only speculating anyway because likely Rutgers would get BC if they were available anyway.