2017-18 Husker opponents

Hypothetically speaking (and I by no means advocating for this or even think it's remotely possible) but imagine of for whatever reason we dump Miles and hire Gottfried...and our ACC Challenge game is at NC State?  How hilarious would that be??

Illinois State's (27-6, MVC regular season champ) head coach is pleading on twitter for any power 5 team to schedule a home and home with them. I think that would be a great game to get on the schedule next year. Quality non conference game that would be a a fun challenge for next years squad 

1 hour ago, MichHusker said:

Illinois State's (27-6, MVC regular season champ) head coach is pleading on twitter for any power 5 team to schedule a home and home with them. I think that would be a great game to get on the schedule next year. Quality non conference game that would be a a fun challenge for next years squad 

Nah, not next year. Those games that we don't know about yet need to be wins. They're gonna get challenged plenty with KU, CU, the Cali tourney, ACC and Big East opponents to be named later. Let someone else bear that mantle.

2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Nah, not next year. Those games that we don't know about yet need to be wins. They're gonna get challenged plenty with KU, CU, the Cali tourney, ACC and Big East opponents to be named later. Let someone else bear that mantle.

Totally agree.  That would be a "pass" for me.

Not worried about them, specifically, being an RPI killer, but they need to be teams they're overwhelming favorites against. They need to be 6 (or however many there are still to be scheduled) wins. 100-200 level RPI level teams. An SOS of about 60 would be about right, I think. (I'm not sure if the numbers work out with what I described, but I think you get the idea. We've already got enough challenges lined up.)

Edited by uneblinstu

8 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Shouldve thought about that before you were good.   And LMAO that it has to be a home and home.   Maybe you just need to bite the bullet and play a road game or get in a quality tournament as a low seed

Edited by nustudent

• 2 weeks later...